Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #1
locomouse
Enthusiast
locomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litterlocomouse doesn't litter

Device: ebookwise 1150
EBW1150 - Reader ID?

I would like to register my EBW1150 but I can't find the unit's ID info.

When I tap INFO it just says that the unit is not yet registered. Is it hiding somewhere else?

I'd like to get the dictionary but I can't log in without the machine's ID.

Any insight would be vastly appreciated!

Helen
locomouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
more

I think you need to hit the more button on that screen. I believe it is the SN number?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I think you need to hit the more button on that screen. I believe it is the SN number?

Amy
Thanks for your reply, Amy. It's a little confusing when following the steps on the eBookwise site about logging in and registering a new reader. So I just went ahead and connected to the site without logging in and the resulting screens walk you through the registration process.

So... it's all good...

Thanks again,

Helen
Old 12-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
So... it's all good...

Thanks again,

Helen
Houston, the Eagle has landed.... Welcome aboard, etc, ...

Hope you won't be disappointed, fellow Canadian.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #5
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
This Canadian is moving out into the sticks! Can't handle Traaaaaaana anymore. Moving to a smaller town of Lindsay to be with the cows.

The EBW will of course go with me. <Whew good on topic save!?

Last edited by shighfield; 12-02-2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: On topic
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2009, 05:17 PM   #6
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
This Canadian is moving out into the sticks! Can't handle Traaaaaaana anymore. Moving to a smaller town of Lindsay to be with the cows.

The EBW will of course go with me. <Whew good on topic save!?
And as long as they have high-speed internet available there, you won't even miss us, in and around this Big City....

Good luck out there! where? oh yeah, on the way to Peter...Peterboro...Peterborogh... aw, you know!
Old 12-02-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
locomouse
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
Houston, the Eagle has landed.... Welcome aboard, etc, ...
This is Major Tom to ground control, I'm stepping through the door
And I'm floating in the most peculiar way
And the stars look very different today...

Quote:
Hope you won't be disappointed, fellow Canadian.
I have to tell you something, Nick. Had to leave the house for the afternoon today... and after I started the truck and was ready to pull out of the driveway, I shut 'er down and came back inside to put the EBW1150 in the safe. I'm not lying. I was SO afraid that someone would break in and steal it. I mean... I'd hate to lose *any* of my stuff ... but this thing is beyond awesome!!

As per my PM to you yesterday... I ordered another one for me. I am so impressed with this little thing! It seems, given its age and limitations, to be advanced way beyond its time.

If it wasn't raining so relentlessly... I'd go out to the backyard and read a few pages under the full moon. And laugh at the stars...
Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 PM   #8
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
I have to tell you something, Nick. Had to leave the house for the afternoon today... and after I started the truck and was ready to pull out of the driveway, I shut 'er down and came back inside to put the EBW1150 in the safe. I'm not lying. I was SO afraid that someone would break in and steal it. I mean... I'd hate to lose *any* of my stuff ... but this thing is beyond awesome!!
Wow, that would make a great commercial/ad/testament for ETI or eBookwise in promoting this little device. However, unfortunately, they are liquidating them and moving on...

What a shame!!!!

These devices were already passe when I started developing for them but NOW they really can hold their own against the newer "kids on the block".

I've seen both now (touchscreen 16 shades LCD and eInk) and nothing beats my EBW1150 (or REB1200) for ease of use and functionality; as long as I don't read .pdf ebooks on them!

Have fun!