Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-12-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandin View Post
Starson17 - Thanks for the regex! Worked perfectly.!
Which regex worked for you? This one:
(?P<isbn>.+)
or this one:
(?P<isbn>.+?)\.(?P<title>.+)
?
I tested the first one and couldn't get it to pull ISBN only. The second one works fine for books with a title separated from ISBN by dot/period/decimal. I tested on my machine running Calibre from source, and right now the source is heavily modified. I vaguely recall getting an ISBN regex to work before, but wasn't sure if it also pulled title or author. Can you get the first regex to grab the ISBN from frulex's sample filenames?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 AM   #17
grandin
grandin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
vne - is this where to get the ISBN renamer?

http://code.google.com/p/isbn-renamer/

I don't see any download. I see you've posted about it an another thread. Would love it if you could toss up a tutorial on how to use it.

Thanks - G
grandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 AM   #18
frulex
frulex began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Which regex worked for you? This one:
(?P<isbn>.+)
or this one:
(?P<isbn>.+?)\.(?P<title>.+)
?
I tested the first one and couldn't get it to pull ISBN only. The second one works fine for books with a title separated from ISBN by dot/period/decimal. I tested on my machine running Calibre from source, and right now the source is heavily modified. I vaguely recall getting an ISBN regex to work before, but wasn't sure if it also pulled title or author. Can you get the first regex to grab the ISBN from frulex's sample filenames?
OK, finally it's working (the first one) perfectly, I tested it on a couple of books. The only problem is that I already added a lot of books while using the second one, so I will have to delete all these books and add them again using the first one. But, thanks very much again to everyone, it's been really helpful...
frulex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:11 AM   #19
sdspieg
Connoisseur
sdspieg began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Kindle 3
Does anybody know where to find this isbn renamer?It seems to have disappeared from Google Code and I can't find it through any of the search engines either. And is there no way to include this (since it is/was open source) into Calibre - so that Calibre can just scrape the isbn from the ebook itself and then use that for metadata and cover download?

[I have quite a few ebooks with various naming schemes - for some I can use regex, but for a lot of others it's hard or impossible. So just scraping the isbn out of the book would be a perfect solution]

Thanks!

-Stephan
sdspieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #20
simple
simple began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650
I can't find a download for ISBN Renamer either - hope someone can enlighten us or upload it somewhere!
simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 01:11 AM   #21
vne
vne began at the beginning.

All,

ISBN Renamer can be downloaded from here: hxxp://ifile.it/uocb81a (replace hxxp to be http to download).

Since the software is non-GUI, config by modifying the file ISBN.ini. Important parameters are illustrated in attached.

Enjoy.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf isbn.pdf (25.9 KB, 796 views)

Last edited by vne; 12-27-2010 at 07:54 AM.
vne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:20 AM   #22
qaplus
qaplus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qaplus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.qaplus has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi vne,

I tried ISBN Renamer. It seems extract ISBN fine but it doesn't rename the book for me. Can you tell me what I did wrong from the log file? Thanks!

2011-03-18 09:02:27 : Using IE proxy configuration
2011-03-18 09:02:27 : Starting script...
2011-03-18 09:02:27 : Processing file 978-0-470-26247-4.pdf
2011-03-18 09:02:27 : ---> Convert 9780470262474 to this ISBN10 0470262478
2011-03-18 09:02:29 : ---> Detecting ISBN from filename 978-0-470-26247-4.pdf
2011-03-18 09:02:29 : ---> Detecting ISBN from content 978-0-470-26247-4.pdf
2011-03-18 09:02:33 : ---> Convert 9780470262474 to this ISBN10 0470262478
2011-03-18 09:02:33 : Terminating script...
2011-03-18 09:02:33 : Process 1 files and 0 folders in 0.10 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by vne View Post
All,

ISBN Renamer can be downloaded from here: hxxp://ifile.it/uocb81a (replace hxxp to be http to download).

Since the software is non-GUI, config by modifying the file ISBN.ini. Important parameters are illustrated in attached.

Enjoy.
qaplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 12:58 AM   #23
iridius
Connoisseur
iridius began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPhone (to get Dell Streak & iPad)
Hello everyone, I'm trying to do what Starson recommended "add the books, then select all, use Edit Metadata (bulk) and the Search and Replace Feature to copy the ISBN from title into the ISBN field."

I have books with ISBN.pdf as the naming scheme, and they have the ISBN as the title now that I've added them to Calibre.

I went to Edit Metadata in Bulk
Search and Replace tab
but I don't know how to copy the ISBN from the title field into the ISBN field.

Any ideas?
iridius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 01:00 AM   #24
iridius
Connoisseur

I've tried choosing "Title" in the Search field drop down list which makes sense to me.
But I don't see "ISBN" in the Destination field drop down list.

although I do see #isbn in the Search field....?
Old 03-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #25
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridius View Post
I've tried choosing "Title" in the Search field drop down list which makes sense to me.
But I don't see "ISBN" in the Destination field drop down list.
You're correct there is no option for the isbn as the destination field. You might try opening a enhancement ticket to get the field added. To find out how to submit a ticket read this.

Quote:
although I do see #isbn in the Search field....?
#isbn is a custom column you created.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:33 AM   #26
iridius
Connoisseur

thanks.
What I just figured out is if I set
Search field = title
Destination field = identifiers
Identifier type: = ISBN (I just manually typed this in)

Then it does what I need and fills out the ISBN for the book, and then I can download the data I need.

Is this ISBN different than the Custom Column ISBN I have (in other words am I gonna have two ISBN numbers getting things out of wack? it doesn't seem to appear like that so far and I was able to get 900 files tagged auto-style as opposed to carpal-tunnel style.

Thanks.
Old 03-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #27
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Is this ISBN different than the Custom Column ISBN I have (in other words am I gonna have two ISBN numbers getting things out of wack?
If your ISBN column is a composite column using the template "{isbn}", then no. That only tells Calibre to use the content of the ISBN metadata field in the column.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #28
biodu
Enthusiast
biodu began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by vne View Post
All,

Enjoy.
Now it finally happened after 3 years of seamless performance: the ISBN Renamer stopped working. I think due to a change of the Amazon Webservice API. I tried with 2 different AWS IDs but the program can't fetch information from Amazon any more.

Anyone has an idea what to do?

Thanks so much
biodu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 02:00 AM   #29
warrilib
warrilib began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
ISBN Renamer no longer working.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biodu View Post
Now it finally happened after 3 years of seamless performance: the ISBN Renamer stopped working. I think due to a change of the Amazon Webservice API. I tried with 2 different AWS IDs but the program can't fetch information from Amazon any more.

Anyone has an idea what to do?
I can only repeat what you say in support. Yes, after years of seamless performance, now nothing. It just doesn't seem to fetch the ISBN data and this change has happened only in the last week or so.

My setup uses ISBNdb.com and there I changed the key (ID) (in the .ini) and even paid a minimal subscription to ISBNdb (which is only really necessary if you make more than 500 requests per day). But still no luck.

ISBN Renamer is one of the best little freeware programs I have used but it hasn't a forum or anything to support it (that I know of).

So again: Has anyone any idea what to do, or who the original programmer might be?

Thanks.
warrilib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 09:39 AM   #30
gebhard
gebhard began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab
@ ALL

1st oFF all: thanks vne, vxe
U are one of the greatest. Thank u. Your ISBN Renamer is one of the best tools i have seen so far. I wrote also tools for organizing files by my one, they are also around.... 14a....ren
So: THANK u.

Guys, isbn renamer is NOW working again. The problem was, amazon change its way to get infos from its dbs...
So all u have to do is "update" your ISBN with those files -->
ISBNUPDATEAssociateTag.rar
in the INI File there is one new KEY: AssociateTag
So u could go with your AWS Infos and the affiliate programm Associate Tag, or take mine...

next there are some batches with:
so if u take a folder and drop it to the "ISBNallPDFFolder.bat" all the files in it folder will be renamed...
(ok. INI Switch: IncludeFolder=0 is near the same)

All credits go to VNE, vxe... once again. THANK u very, very, very much for u superb work. Thank u.
gebhard is offline   Reply With Quote