Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-10-2017, 08:49 PM   #1
LuckyL
LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!LuckyL , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Aura HD
KA1 color temperature

I remember the the first KA1 I received had a nice warm red tone when activating the natural light.
I had to make several returns and all the later readers seemed to have a more greenish tint and I put it down to different hardware batches, however, I recently had to reset the reader which reverts it back to the firmware version it shipped with. I noticed that the color temperature was red/warm as with my first device and after updating the firmware to 4.x, the greenish tint was back.

So it seems this is firmware related so I had a look at the .conf file and the only setting that seems to be related is "ColorSetting" which has a range from 1500 to 6500 and seems to determine the slider position in the light settings but not the base color temperature.

Has anyone else played with that and an idea if/how that can be set?

Last edited by LuckyL; 10-10-2017 at 08:52 PM.
LuckyL is offline   Reply With Quote