Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #1
copperpair
copperpair began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Does this screen looked damaged?

So my Kobo won't turn on, tried the reset, can't do factory because it doesn't turn on, I do get lights but no screen change, chatted with Kobo, they asked me to send them a pic, after a few days I got a response that it has clearly been dropped as with most non dropped issues the lines are vertical or horizontal...but with drops they are diagonal. I don't see any diagonal lines just vertical and horizontal.

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-03-2013 at 06:41 AM.
copperpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #2
copperpair
copperpair began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Sorry I don't know how to make the picture smaller. Now that I look at it this blown up I guess I can see some diagonal lines on the bottom right. So I am SOL?
copperpair is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #3
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
What's SOL? Nevermind I've been kindly informed

It's difficult to see. The few diagonals aren't perfect diagonals and could also be dust or superficial scratches. Except for maybe the tiny dark bit at the bottom of the one vertical line (that's just to the right of the Kobo logo)... but if that's a break it's a really tiny small one compared to the huge screen mess up... It's difficult to imagine a tiny thing cause that much screen mess. Does it look any different in real life?

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 04-03-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:51 AM   #4
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
If you use the forum's "attachment" tool when you write a post (in advanced mode, see image 1), it will make thumbnails of your image just like the ones below my post. Readers can then click on the thumbnails to see a larger view.

You can still change this by editing your first post. I assume you used the img and /img tags to put a URL inside. You can delete that (but save a copy of the URL). Click on the paperclip, and a window will open (see image 2) in which you can add and the upload the image. Then save the post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 10.47.03.png
Views:	153
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	103842   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 10.47.31.png
Views:	177
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	103843  
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote