Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Five Star Stand for the Kindle Fire

I bought an Akron stand from Amazon for my Viewsonic gTab a few months ago, and I found that it works nicely with the Fire as well. In fact, the product description now includes the Kindle Fire. 341 Five Star Reviews on Amazon, 63 Four Star Reviews. There's a few Fire owner reviews trickling in.

This is a high quality product. Well built, sturdy, and stays put. It supports my 10.1 inch gTab with ease and does not slide around or move when used. I have owned one since June 2011 and have repeatedly unfolded, used, and folded and it continues to perform like new. The stand is totally adjustable to multiple viewing angles and folds closed for storing and transporting (see the main photo). It has cushions where the stand and bottom of the tablet meet as well as where the back of the tablet rests. The bottom feet are cushioned and provide excellent grip while protecting the surface it sits on.

If you like to watch Prime Videos, Netflix, Read, Surf the Web, Whatever, this stand will provide you with a much more pleasurable experience. I can't say enough good things about this stand. Five stars all the way. Best of all, it's reasonably priced and ships free for Prime members.

Check it out on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-22-2011 at 03:30 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Interesting. I didn't realize such a thing existed.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectoplasm View Post
Interesting. I didn't realize such a thing existed.

Once you use one it is hard to imagine having ever lived without it, especially if you own multiple devices. Incredibly simple and versatile.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-22-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 PM   #4
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Very nice! I've tried a few but I love my simple 3Feet Stand! It's where the Fire sits during the day next to me. It hold even my little phone. I plan to get a second one for upstairs.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
The both look reasonable but the Prime shipping wins the deal, I am ordering two, one for work and one for home.

Nyn
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #6
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
The both look reasonable but the Prime shipping wins the deal, I am ordering two, one for work and one for home.

Nyn
Very understandable I may get one too during my prime trial.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 PM   #7
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
I bought an Akron stand from Amazon for my Viewsonic gTab a few months ago, and I found that it works nicely with the Fire as well. In fact, the product description now includes the Kindle Fire. 341 Five Star Reviews on Amazon, 63 Four Star Reviews. There's a few Fire owner reviews trickling in.

This is a high quality product. Well built, sturdy, and stays put. It supports my 10.1 inch gTab with ease and does not slide around or move when used. I have owned one since June 2011 and have repeatedly unfolded, used, and folded and it continues to perform like new. The stand is totally adjustable to multiple viewing angles and folds closed for storing and transporting (see the main photo). It has cushions where the stand and bottom of the tablet meet as well as where the back of the tablet rests. The bottom feet are cushioned and provide excellent grip while protecting the surface it sits on.

If you like to watch Prime Videos, Netflix, Read, Surf the Web, Whatever, this stand will provide you with a much more pleasurable experience. I can't say enough good things about this stand. Five stars all the way. Best of all, it's reasonably priced and ships free for Prime members.

Check it out on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
Can this work with a cover on the Fire? Am debating getting a cover for my Fire.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:01 AM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Can this work with a cover on the Fire? Am debating getting a cover for my Fire.

Carol

I guess it depends on the size of the case. If it doesn't significantly add the the thickness of the Fire it shouldn't be a problem. To put things in perspective: I tried a 3/4 inch picture frame and it fit with no problem. Next, I decided to put my Entourage Edge on the stand. The Edge is a 10 inch dual clam-shell tablet. When the Edge is folded it is 1 inch thick. There was a very slight overhang in the front but, the stand supported the Edge with no problem either. I can tell you that this stand grips real well. The stand was originally made for the iPad. The manufacturer's webpage says that it can be used with most cases (http://www.arkon.com/iPad_accessories/ipad-stand.html). The iPad is 0.5 inches thick. By contrast the Fire is .45 inch thick. With Amazon's no hassle return policy I think your covered either way.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:26 AM   #9
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW

Three star stand from Staples; $3
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #10
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I guess it depends on the size of the case. If it doesn't significantly add the the thickness of the Fire it shouldn't be a problem. To put things in perspective: I tried a 3/4 inch picture frame and it fit with no problem. Next, I decided to put my Entourage Edge on the stand. The Edge is a 10 inch dual clam-shell tablet. When the Edge is folded it is 1 inch thick. There was a very slight overhang in the front but, the stand supported the Edge with no problem either. I can tell you that this stand grips real well. The stand was originally made for the iPad. The manufacturer's webpage says that it can be used with most cases (http://www.arkon.com/iPad_accessories/ipad-stand.html). The iPad is 0.5 inches thick. By contrast the Fire is .45 inch thick. With Amazon's no hassle return policy I think your covered either way.
Added the stand to my wish list.

Question. I looked at the Marware cover you mentioned. Looks nice, but why would you need a separate stand when the cover converts to a stand. What am I missing?

Carol
Old 11-23-2011, 09:31 AM   #11
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Added the stand to my wish list.

Question. I looked at the Marware cover you mentioned. Looks nice, but why would you need a separate stand when the cover converts to a stand. What am I missing?

Carol

The Marware cover is nice, sleek and low profile. After a while you hardly know it's there. My son has one on his Kindle. With the Marware case I think the stand function was an afterthought. The stand function works OK and does the trick, but it doesn't even come close to providing the amount of support the Akron stand does. My suggestion is to take a look at some of the other covers on Amazon with the stand function and see if one of them suits your needs. (Roo case makes a nice stand that comes in several colors: http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Dual-V...2057780&sr=8-1).

Not to muddy the water any more but, there are some other options that you may not be aware of. Some people may like a slip on zip case and buy a protective skin from Decal Girl or GelaSkins. You can apply the back and the front or the back only, the choice is yours. I think with the Fire the back only option would look best. I have Decal Girl skins on a couple of my other tablets with matte finish and they not only eliminate fingerprints, but provide excellent protection as well. I didn't go for anything flashy (I went with black) and it blends right in with the tablet. They do take a little patience to install, but if you take your time they turn out real nice. I think they are well worth the price and effort. Anyway, the bottom line is there are so many choices that you have to explore and see what you like best. Enjoy your Fire.

Last edited by obsessed2; 11-23-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 11-23-2011, 10:05 AM   #12
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
The Marware cover is nice, sleek and low profile. After a while you hardly know it's there. My son has one on his Kindle. With the Marware case I think the stand function was an afterthought. The stand function works OK and does the trick, but it doesn't even come close to providing the amount of support the Akron stand does. My suggestion is to take a look at some of the other covers on Amazon with the stand function and see if one of them suits your needs. (Roo case makes a nice stand that comes in several colors: http://www.amazon.com/rooCASE-Dual-V...2057780&sr=8-1).

Not to muddy the water any more but, there are some other options that you may not be aware of. Some people may like a slip on zip case and buy a protective skin from Decal Girl or GelaSkins. You can apply the back and the front or the back only, the choice is yours. I think with the Fire the back only option would look best. I have Decal Girl skins on a couple of my other tablets with matte finish and they not only eliminate fingerprints, but provide excellent protection as well. I didn't go for anything flashy (I went with black) and it blends right in with the tablet. They do take a little patience to install, but if you take your time they turn out real nice. I think they are well worth the price and effort. Anyway, the bottom line is there are so many choices that you have to explore and see what you like best. Enjoy your Fire.
Thanks. Presently I am leaning towards one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...=2JYDBJJP04UPN

or

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Eco-Vu...=2JYDBJJP04UPN

I think I like the slimness of these.

Carol
Old 11-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #13
obsessed2
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks. Presently I am leaning towards one of these.

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital...=2JYDBJJP04UPN

or

http://www.amazon.com/Marware-Eco-Vu...=2JYDBJJP04UPN

I think I like the slimness of these.

Carol

Both nice looking covers. I was torn between this Marware cover and the Folio. The Folio is nice, but I think they should have just left out the stand function. I like that the Eco-Vue because it has a small pocket in the front. This could really come in handy. Although, I wasn't leaning towards pink. I think you will be happy with either one, in which case the Akron stand may be of use to you.
Old 11-23-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
sadievan
Wizard

Quote:
Both nice looking covers. I was torn between this Marware cover and the Folio. The Folio is nice, but I think they should have just left out the stand function. I like that the Eco-Vue because it has a small pocket in the front. This could really come in handy. Although, I wasn't leaning towards pink. I think you will be happy with either one, in which case the Akron stand may be of use to you.
If I get the Eco-Vue it will probably be black not pink. I just put the pink in my with list to make it easy to stand out from the rest I have in there.

Carol