Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #1
Ebooks4ever
Ebooks4ever began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Firmware download for Pocketbook 602

I was just wondering if anyone has a working link for the 2.0.2 firmware update for the Pocketbook 602?

My husband just recently got his 602 and wants to update his firmware; however, the link for the download is broken on all of Pocketbook's websites.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Ebooks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
welcome to the forum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebooks4ever View Post
My husband just recently got his 602 and wants to update his firmware; however, the link for the download is broken on all of Pocketbook's websites.
This is not by accident, as in this post mtravellerh explains that they are updating the software, and wanted to make sure nobody downloaded the version with known bugs - though from what you wrriet it looks like they have not managed to fix it over the week-end.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #3
Ebooks4ever
Ebooks4ever began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Quote:
Originally Posted by paolamanzini View Post

This is not by accident, as in this post mtravellerh explains that they are updating the software, and wanted to make sure nobody downloaded the version with known bugs - though from what you wrriet it looks like they have not managed to fix it over the week-end.

Thanks for the welcome and the information. He is just so excited about his new e-reader that patience does not seem to be a virtue right now . We will keep checking the website.
Ebooks4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:26 PM   #4
pado
pado began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 602
I have pocketbook 602 as well w/ few issues.
Internal memory only has 1 GB and RSS isn't functional.
I had downloaded firmware 2.0.2 when I got mine but it was taken off the websites due to issues. Rep told me it came w/ 2 GB of internal memory but device only sees 1 GB. RSS may get resolved w/ next firmware but they're not sure when that will be.
It's been almost a month so I'm returning mine before my 30 day return runs out.
pado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The device only has one visible gigabyte because the dictionaries and the text-to-speech software swallow the other one. I hope they solve the RSS thing though.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 04:31 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pado View Post
I have pocketbook 602 as well w/ few issues.
Internal memory only has 1 GB and RSS isn't functional.
I had downloaded firmware 2.0.2 when I got mine but it was taken off the websites due to issues. Rep told me it came w/ 2 GB of internal memory but device only sees 1 GB. RSS may get resolved w/ next firmware but they're not sure when that will be.
It's been almost a month so I'm returning mine before my 30 day return runs out.
new firmware update was yesterday
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:50 PM   #7
pado

When I got mine before Thanksgiving, there was a firmware available on http://www.pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-602/
I was able to download and install it. Then it was taken off few days later.

I was told the same thing with internal memory but it didn't make any sense b/c my available memory increased when I deleted dictionaries I'd never use.
1 GB for dictionaries and text-to-speech, no way. English dictionary I downloaded was only 6 MB.

And below is what I received from Pocketbook:
> I have found that there is an issue with the device displaying the correct
> amount of internal memory. The device does have 2GB of internal memory. This
> will be fixed in the next firmware release.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
1 GB for dictionaries and text-to-speech, no way. English dictionary I downloaded was only 6 MB.
If I recall correctly, there were 79 dictionaries and 4 languages inside the device. What Pocketbook means is that the device does have 2GB of memory, however the system is only showing the amount of memory disposable to you as "total". The dictionaries and TTS came already packed with the thing, so they weren't counted, which is wrong, because it makes the user think there is less memory. When you deleted the dictionaries, the memory which wasn't being counted because it was filled by them "appeared" in your device as memory you can use.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #9
pado

Yeah, memory issue is minor anyways. I ended up getting microSD to store all my books and music anyways.
But 602 is the only one I found that supports RSS but too bad it doesn't work.
I haven't gotten a word saying if this issue can be resolved so I'm not sure if I should keep it.
Do you know of any other ereaders w/ RSS support?
Old 12-12-2010, 05:25 PM   #10
Logseman
Orisa

I know Kindle... but they charge for their RSS feed selection, AFAIK. I admit I wouldn't place my hopes in e-Ink devices for reading RSS news, because they're slow to navigate. Besides, if you really need it, you can have Calibre fetch the news for you automatically, and you'd only need to plug the device and read.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
New firmware 2.0.3 for PocketBook 602 is expected to be released tomorrow. There is a betta version here for those who want to try before the official announcement.
I installed it on my husband's PB602 and it fixed the problem with remembering last opened page that existed before.
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by pado View Post
Yeah, memory issue is minor anyways. I ended up getting microSD to store all my books and music anyways.
But 602 is the only one I found that supports RSS but too bad it doesn't work.
I haven't gotten a word saying if this issue can be resolved so I'm not sure if I should keep it.
Do you know of any other ereaders w/ RSS support?
Of course we'll update it if help is neded. I am using Calibre so I haven't tried it. What's the bother exactly?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #13
pado

There isn't one in 602. I called tech support and was asked to look in the Applications folder.
I didn't find it in there. So on mine own, I downloaded PocketNews (it was for 301) from the web and installed it on my pc. Didn't work.
Bill from pocketbook-usa said he escalated to R&D team, but haven't heard anything back in a while.