Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > OpenInkpot

Notices

Old 11-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #16
Artek
Artek began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
My device doesnt get detected by Windows Vista after i Installed the Open Inkpot 0.2-RC5.
Windows reports that it found RNDIS/Ethernet gadget, but doesnt find any drivers? Anyone else have this issue?
Old 11-23-2009, 03:24 AM   #17
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artek View Post
My device doesnt get detected by Windows Vista after i Installed the Open Inkpot 0.2-RC5.
Windows reports that it found RNDIS/Ethernet gadget, but doesnt find any drivers? Anyone else have this issue?
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Documentation/ConnectViaSSH
Advert
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #18
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seli View Post
I have a large Epub file (1800 pages) that was painfully slow on my previous installation with multi-second page-turns. Now it is as fast and responsive as most smaller files
Cool and sorry for rc3 slowness - it was stupid configuration mistake.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:10 PM   #19
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
I, for some reason, am not able to read the devices internal memory (Hanlin v3ext). But the formatting options worked fine for me, I was able to change fonts with epub books multiple times without lockups....
Old 11-23-2009, 12:41 PM   #20
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotekman View Post
I, for some reason, am not able to read the devices internal memory (Hanlin v3ext).
OI does not export the internal file system via USB like the OEM firmware does. You need to use SSH over USB to access the internal file system. There is a link and the end of the Users Guide that explains how to do that. Here is a link that will take you there directly:
http://openinkpot.org/wiki/Documentation/ConnectViaSSH
Advert
Old 11-24-2009, 03:33 AM   #21
jotekman
Enthusiast

Actually, I wasn't talking about the computer reading it, I was talking about the device itself. I can't see any folders or books that I have on internal memory, unless I switch back to original firmware. It's not that big of a deal for me, as I just reupped my stuff to the SD card, but I felt it was worth mentioning. But thank you very much for the SSH link! Good to know!
Old 11-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #22
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jotekman View Post
I can't see any folders or books that I have on internal memory, unless I switch back to original firmware.
Are you using the OI-on-SD version? If so, this is how it usually works. The OpenInkPot "internal memory" is separate from the standard firmware internal memory.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 AM   #23
jotekman
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Are you using the OI-on-SD version? If so, this is how it usually works. The OpenInkPot "internal memory" is separate from the standard firmware internal memory.
Ahhh good to know. Yes I am using the OI-on-SD. Wasn't a bother for me, just something I thought worth mentioning. Thanks for the info. Sorry to take up so much thread space about it.
On the plus side, OpenInkpot has made me VERY happy with my ebook again. Not that I wasnt before, but being able to change to a font thats easy on my eyes and all of the other features makes it a great winner in my book!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:01 PM   #24
Seli
Connoisseur
Seli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enoughSeli will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dottedmag View Post
Cool and sorry for rc3 slowness - it was stupid configuration mistake.
Absolutely no problem, it is the thing expected when participating in a beta-process. And I have plenty of other things to read. It seemed to be a nice benchmark though and I am happy with the current speed.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:06 PM   #25
dottedmag
OpenInkpot co-founder
dottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-booksdottedmag has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallcraft View Post
Should not be so since recent releases. Looks like a bug.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #26
yecam
Enthusiast
yecam began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook
The changelog for RC5 says that the book cover will be displayed in the main menu if it exists in the book (slightly paraphrased here). Is there some setting that I have missed to make this happen?

I am using a BeBook with OI RC5
Old 11-28-2009, 06:12 AM   #27
ebook_user1415
ebook_user1415 began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin v3ext
Great work on 0.2r5

One issue: Having a problem seeing .djvu files on the menu. The files don't show up even if I ask to unhide all files. My understanding is that loco pdf should be able to read them - but they are invisible. All other kinds of files (.pdf, .gif etc) are present and can be accessed but not .djvu files. Use a bebook one (hanlin v3ext).
Old 11-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #28
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
If I remember correctly, djvu support was added after rc5, so you'll need to install a later snapshot or wait for another RC to make it work.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:13 AM   #29
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
I still have a previously reported problem.

When I add files to a directory and then go to the directory for the first time they don't seem to show up, however it shows there being 2 pages worth of files. That is no matter how many files there actually are and whether or not there are enough files to fill more than 1 page in the directory.

Once I page turn, all files are then displayed on a single page. Even after exiting and re-entering that directory.

Not a huge problem but just thought I'd mention it here.

Cheers,
PKFFW
Old 12-01-2009, 12:44 PM   #30
jotekman
Enthusiast

dottedmag- anything you want me to try out let me know. Willing beta tester here. Again, my reader is the Hanlin v3ext, specifically the Astak model.
I will try a later snapshot tonight though, and see if that is still a bug or if it is gone already.