Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
Revarc
Revarc began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
prs-500 libprs500 send to device error

I'm using libprs500 on a winxp machine, everything works great until I try and send my lrf files to my device, I get the following error:

ERROR: Unhandled exception

'NoneType' object has no attribute 'childNodes'
Detailed traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "main.py", line 420, in books_uploaded
File "libprs500\gui2\device.pyo", line 104, in add_books_to_metadata
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\driver.pyo", line 881, in add_books_to_metadata
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\books.pyo", line 256, in add_book
File "libprs500\devices\prs500\books.pyo", line 248, in book_by_path
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'childNodes'

I've tried searching the forum for an answer, but no luck. Any help would be great.
Revarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revarc View Post
I'm using libprs500 on a winxp machine, everything works great until I try and send my lrf files to my device, I get the following error:
Did you install the sony USB driver that came with Libprs500? It will not work with the Sony installed/provided driver. You have to choose to use libprs500 or eBook Library, can't use both. (With the 500.)

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2008, 06:41 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That's a really weird error. Can you see the list of books on the device before trying to transfer a book?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:32 PM   #4
Revarc
Revarc began at the beginning.

Device: prs-500
The usb drivers are correct for using libprs500. I found the reason the error is being generated. Apparently I can send books to the sdcard just fine, just not the internal memory, that's where the errors comming from. However, I noticed the job count goes from 1, to 0, to 1, to 0. I assume it's copying to the internal memory, then to the card?? If that's the case why can't I sent to the internal memory? Arrg, someday something will go smoothly for me.

However, I do have an additional question. I set the tag(collections) metadata, but it's set when it's on the card, either on the reader or through libprs500 when I select the card view. Any suggestions?

Last edited by Revarc; 05-01-2008 at 07:41 PM.
Revarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:53 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
tags aren't supported for books on the card by the prs500 firmware. As for the 1->0->1->0 that's copying book and then copying XML database. You can click on the hourglass to see details.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert