Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2016, 09:01 PM   #1
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Calibre cannot load Kobo library on first try

Hi. I looked through this and the Calibre forum but figured Kobo users would know better. For a few months, the first time I connect my Kobo H2O to Calibre it fails to read the Kobo library. I have to disconnect it and connect again and then it works. Any ideas? Thanks.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That's a new one. I need some information:

- What Calibre version?
- What firmware version?
- What OS and version?
- Is there an error message?
- Can the OS see the device when it is connected the first time?
- What happens the device is already connected when you start calibre?
- Can you run the "debug device connection" on the Miscellaneous page of the calibre preferences and post the results.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #3
344a
Groupie
344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.344a ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hong Kong is done.
Have you tried to use different cables?

344a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #4
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a new one. I need some information:

Thanks for the response. The problem is intermittent.

- What Calibre version?

- What firmware version?

- What OS and version?

OSX Capitan 10.11.4

- Is there an error message?

Something like could not synch library with device. Then if I go to jobs I see a red cross next to "get list of books on device."

- Can the OS see the device when it is connected the first time?

OS sees the device and Calibre sees the device. It shows both the main device and the memory card. It just doesn't show anything on the device.

- What happens the device is already connected when you start calibre?

I never do that so I would have to do it several times to see if the problem repeats since it is intermittent.

- Can you run the "debug device connection" on the Miscellaneous page of the calibre preferences and post the results.
Will do.

Thanks.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:59 AM   #5
Stingo
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 344a View Post
Have you tried to use different cables?

I have but thanks for the suggestion.
Advert
Old 05-06-2016, 07:20 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
Something like could not synch library with device. Then if I go to jobs I see a red cross next to "get list of books on device."
If there is an error during the sync, then that's probably the most important thing to see.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote