Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
Nalgarryn
Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nalgarryn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC; literati; Nook
Brilliant Idea for

Quote:
Interdocument Linking - Imagine you're reading a textbook, and there's a footnote. You click on the footnote, and a screen opens, inviting you to purchase the book that's footnoted. Maybe it even provides you with a sample of the book. You buy it. The next time you click on the footnote, it jumps to exactly that page in the textbook you've just bought.

This is not possible with today's technology.
Not only is this an absolutely fabulous idea, but textbooks begin to bridge the gap between published books and academic journal articles. Since those academic journal articles can be purchased individually and their citations are incredibly important to academic research, e-publishing in academia becomes revolutionized!

Original Quote found HERE along with many other brilliant ideas.
Nalgarryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Ninjalawyer
Guru
Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ninjalawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nexus 7 (2013)
I'd prefer the link just take me to to the relevant portion of the footnoted work. If I'm interested from there, I'm sure I can figure out how to buy the whole piece without such an in-your-face advertisement.
Ninjalawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
omega34
Enthusiast
omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.omega34 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
But I most likely would only want to read that relevant footnote. I wouldn't want to purchase the whole textbook to sit in my library unread.
omega34 is offline   Reply With Quote