Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-16-2014, 09:45 AM   #1
CaptainofSpray
CaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Please help me identify my device hardware

Kobo Touch - on the base it says N136, but I can't find any reference to this anywhere (not in these forums, not in G**gle)

Wanting to identify a better firmware than what I've got. [Recent update demands Adobe ID on all books, including books I have created and Proj Guntenberg books - angry? who me?]

Last edited by CaptainofSpray; 11-16-2014 at 09:48 AM.
CaptainofSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Look in the file .kobo/version. If the last entry is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000310, you have a mark 3 model; if it is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000320, you have a mark 4 model.

I am not sure whether I understand your problem, but I think it is more related to an error in the data base than to the firmware. One way to rebuild the data base is to sign out and in again (I did this never myself however),
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
CaptainofSpray
CaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blueCaptainofSpray can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Thank you, tshering! Your suggestion "One way to rebuild the data base is to sign out and in again" worked for me. (The process was a complete PITA, a forced multiple update with re-entry of multiple pswds, but that's Kobo's fault not yours)
CaptainofSpray is offline   Reply With Quote