Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Daily Deal

I don't know if this is new or not but I noticed it for the first time yesterday. Kobo is now offering a daily deal. It's listed under the Recommended Reading links on the left side of their home page. You may have to click on "more" to find it. Yesterdays book has a list price of 10.99 but yesterday until 11:59 PM EST was 1.99 (the book was from HarperCollins). Today's book is listed at 2.99 but I'm not sure what it's regular list price is. I've also posted the link below.

http://www.kobobooks.com/lists/today...b5ERTkw-1.html
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #2
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Dunno either, because of course the shop that georestricts their excerpts would georestrict this info...
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #3
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
I don't know if this is new or not but I noticed it for the first time yesterday.
Bought and paid for (it's even speculative fiction today, as an added bonus!). Thanks for posting this!

What was yesterday's deal, if you remember (genre at least, if you can't remember author/title).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #4
calibrated
Zealot
calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.calibrated can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire w/Aldiko
Looks like this one is also available in the Kindle store for $2.99 (as of right now, anyway), with a note that the price was set by the publisher:

http://www.amazon.com/Ship-Breaker-ebook/dp/B0035IIBT6

Also available in the Nook Store:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/ship...i=ship+breaker

Last edited by calibrated; 04-05-2012 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Added link to Nook Store
calibrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #5
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It took me a bit to remember it but it was Ten Thousand Saints by Eleanor Henderson.
Advert
Old 04-06-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I've looked through the Aussie Store and can't find a Daily Deal section, bit of a bummer
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
RareBird
Addict

That sucks melmac. I'll try to post the book titles and maybe you can find them on the aussie site. They might not have a daily deal listing but you can find out the price on the book there if you want to compare and see if it is a deal for you.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #8
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
no daily deal either for the uk (or not that I can see)

be interested in seeing what the books are to compare to uk prices
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #9
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Anyone know what time Kobo thinks "the day" starts? I'm still seeing yesterday's deal...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:45 AM   #10
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Anyone know what time Kobo thinks "the day" starts? I'm still seeing yesterday's deal...
I was still seeing Ten Thousand Saints when RareBird posted this thread yesterday, refreshing my screen did eventually bring up Ship Breaker and by then it was already price dropped at Amazon. Amazon seems to think the day is over, their price is back up at $8.99.

It is Good Friday, so perhaps there won't be a daily deal for today.

Last edited by Synamon; 04-06-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
RareBird
Addict

Yeah I noticed that too and had the same thought as Synamon.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #12
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I haven't tested the proposition but Kobo is based in Toronto, on North American Eastern Time, and Amazon in Seattle, on Pacific Time, so those are likely to be the time zones their servers are based on.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:08 PM   #13
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
All main Amazon times are based on Seattle. The local country Amazons run on a standard time for each (so .co.uk changes on London time, .DE about an hour earlier, I believe).

Kobo's times are weird, with specials often ending at noon eastern time. Regardless, not much of a "daily deal" if it is the same every day...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #14
RareBird
Addict

I agree koland, but the deal changed yesterday and I would expect it to do so today but maybe didn't because of the holiday.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:30 AM   #15
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Still not changed for me, as of Sunday, April 8, US west coast time - maybe they don't change on the weekend? Daily "business-day" deal???
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote