Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-19-2011, 10:30 AM   #736
darkofday
Enthusiast
darkofday began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3
yes,it is only for kindle 3.I have upload the file to Wuala,you can download it through this link:http://www.wuala.com/darkofday/文档/software/
darkofday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #737
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: amazon kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofday View Post
yes,it is only for kindle 3.I have upload the file to Wuala,you can download it through this link:http://www.wuala.com/darkofday/文档/software/
Well i hope the next version supports kindle DXG. Duokan lite supports turkish characters so i am really looking forward to the compatible version for my kindle.

here is another mirror. It is not my account or anything it is just there to help people like me who gets extremely slow speeds.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IG9Y2EJB
reprep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2011, 02:30 PM   #738
FethryDuck
Addict
FethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enoughFethryDuck will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle3, DXG
Quote:
Duokan lite has been changed to open-test,download link:http://dl.dbank.com/c08ha2mv8l
Well, that is nice, and thanks to everyone helping with alternative downloads.
FethryDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #739
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, nook Glowlight Plus, Apple iPad Air 2
So, does the open test support ePub? I know the idea behind Duokan lite was to take the different eBook formats and support them via plugins instead of the core OS, so that new formats could be added easily.

The existing Duokan gives me a couple of issues with ePub I'm hoping the Lite release will fix.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:10 AM   #740
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
So, does the open test support ePub? .
Also, pdf ?
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 10:01 AM   #741
SunLight
Connoisseur
SunLight began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a hack to replace the original Kindle PDF Viewer with the Duokan's PDF Viewer? Thanks!
SunLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:18 PM   #742
reprep
Addict
reprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animalsreprep is kind to children and small, furry animals

Any info on a newer version of duokan lite or any plan to make it available to kindle 2/DX?
Old 07-01-2011, 04:19 AM   #743
jaxsnop
Enthusiast
jaxsnop began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yesterday a new version od Duokan Lite was released.
Please somebody could explain me the differences between DK lite and Duokan? More compatibility with latin characthers, more options, etc ? I'm not very sure.
jaxsnop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #744
sichroteph
sichroteph began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxsnop View Post
Yesterday a new version od Duokan Lite was released.
Please somebody could explain me the differences between DK lite and Duokan? More compatibility with latin characthers, more options, etc ? I'm not very sure.
Me either, i am a bit lost
I have Dk for now, and hesitate to switch for Dk lite in order to read my epub files well in french. I do not know if it will work and if I will still able to read my mangas as well as before.

I guess I should try as soon as I can
sichroteph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #745
reprep
Addict

I tried the google translate and i got the impression that this release mostly covers wi-fi related problems. Also some more non-Latin character display problems i guess. Also there is still no kindle 2/DX/DXG support so i still can't test.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:19 AM   #746
goombi
goombi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Holy cow. This is great!

Thank you for your hard work. I just got my kindle today and this makes it such a pleasure to use.

Is it me, or does the kindle software render PDF's better?

And is there a shortcut for refreshing the page? Alt+G changes the orientation when looking at pdfs.

Thanks.
goombi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 AM   #747
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by goombi View Post
Is it me, or does the kindle software render PDF's better?

And is there a shortcut for refreshing the page? Alt+G changes the orientation when looking at pdfs.

Thanks.
for some files, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goombi View Post
And is there a shortcut for refreshing the page?
Thanks.
ENTER key
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:00 PM   #748
darkofday
Enthusiast

Hi,Duokan lite version 0702 has been released several days ago.It still just supports .txt files and only fits with Kindle3

new features you may be interested in:
Encode support Japanese(SHIFT_JIS,EUC_JP) and Korean(EUC_KR).

official download link:http://dl.dbank.com/c07nv35vou
Old 07-08-2011, 07:45 AM   #749
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
Quote:
Hi,Duokan lite version 0702 has been released several days ago.It still just supports .txt files and only fits with Kindle3

new features you may be interested in:
Encode support Japanese(SHIFT_JIS,EUC_JP) and Korean(EUC_KR).

official download link:http://dl.dbank.com/c07nv35vou
thanks for the update, darkofday.

Any plans to develop the Duokan Full further or it is on hold now?

Last edited by eLiNK; 07-08-2011 at 09:04 AM.
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:21 PM   #750
darkofday
Enthusiast

The last version of Duokan is still Beta0520.Maybe,it has been held.