Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #136
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Snuffi, thanks -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffi View Post
Btw' tried to read an epub made with calibre and it opened in adobe reader. Layout was awful and changing the font size didn't work -at least not with the keys. I could change size with the stylus but it always went from very large to unreadablee and back. Worked fine in fbreader. Is that normal?
I always convert my epub fileswith Calibre in a way that I get the font I want in the css, and never had any problem with fonts no matter the program used to open it: may there be a problem with the file itself? Is it something you could share so that we can try it on our machines?
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 03:51 AM   #137
bverspeiser
bverspeiser began at the beginning.

Device: pb 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Snuffi, thanks -

I always convert my epub fileswith Calibre in a way that I get the font I want in the css
Paola, do you have some default css settings for Calibre to use or is there any thread where this is discussed?
bverspeiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #138
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

yes I do have some css settings specified: more precisely, in the "look and feel" tab of Calibre for conversion settings I have the following:
Quote:
@font-face {
font-family: "LexiaDaMa";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/LexiaDaMa.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Bold.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/LexiaDaMa-Italic.ttf);
}

@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
src: url(res:///mnt/ext1/system/fonts/LexiaDaMa-BoldItalic.ttf);
}

body {
font-family: "LexiaDaMa", serif;
}
where you can of course substitute whichever font you like - the thread which is really informative (at least it was for me) is this one:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132922
Old 12-28-2011, 10:20 AM   #139
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Alot of the firmware links are dead now.
rkomar made us a new program for reading comics https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=162852
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #140
paola
Wizard

Hi J.C.,
thanks for this, I've been lazy updating the top message lately - yes I've seen rkomar's application, I will update the top message and delete the lost links later today, thanks!
Advert
Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 AM   #141
paola
Wizard

I've now removed the broken firmware links and added links to rkomar image viewing application. This was before I noticed the latest coolreader version, so still need to update that one - but if there is anything you think should be in the top message, and is not, could you please tell me here? Especially with the more "geeky" things (like SDK, shell access etc) I may be missing a lot, as I don't quite understand how they differ from one another I really need help!

Last edited by paola; 12-30-2011 at 04:34 AM.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #142
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: PB903
Hi, gorganizer port for 903 is available from here:
http://www.the-ebook.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=824182
bogomil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:02 PM   #143
paola
Wizard

thank you bogomil, but I am afraid I am lost most of the details in translation: is the port in the two files qtlibs.tar.gz and qtplugins.tar.gz? But it does not look like tehy contain any app files, so how does one insall the port?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:43 PM   #144
bogomil
bogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterbogomil can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Just unpack http://www.4shared.com/zip/feVpAAjx/applications.html in the root of the sd card and run <SD>/applications/gorganizer/gorganizer.app
I think it can be optimized (54MB) ...

It requires the latest firmware.

Last edited by bogomil; 12-30-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #145
paola
Wizard

Bogomil, many many thanks (and karma ) - I've updated the top message with your app and the link to the updated Coolreader version.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #146
bogomil

paola, actually, it is not mine, this port is made by NetSpider from the-ebook.org forum, please, fix it. I just shared my satisfaction

Last edited by bogomil; 12-30-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:05 PM   #147
paola
Wizard

ok, fixed it - but we would not have know if you had not told us
Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #148
paola
Wizard

updated the top message with:
- link to gerda's themes for te pro models (which I should have put in ages ago);
- link to rkomar epub editing routine;
- link to rkomar's sh_ivtool;
- uploaded two more menu images for coolreader.
Old 01-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #149
atomQ
atomQ began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 903
Hi Guys and Gals,

I'm not a very experienced user of my Poceketbook 903, and I hope you have some suggestions with one my problems.
The 2.1.2 firmware for 903 made possible to do highlights and put handwritten notes on pdf files (hurray, I have waited for it for sooooooo long).
BUT: Is there a way to transfer the pdf file with all my handwritten notes and highlights to my PC so that I can for example continue reading and higlighting the document there (and perhaps transfer back to my pocketbook again)?
Previous firmwares handled annotations as images and I could at least export them to other devices. But how to do this now?
Or perhaps is it possible somehow to "imprint" the layer containing my highlights and notes into the main text so I can move them toghether? As far as I know some readers (such as Irex) could do that, but I couldn't find any hint how to do this on PB903.

If it is not possible, do you have any information whather this feature will be developed in the near future?

many thanks,
AtomQ
atomQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 03:34 AM   #150
paola
Wizard

Bearing in mind that I am not of the technically competent type, from what I can see annotation produces three types of file: an image file with the blank page, an image file with the free-hand annotation, and an html file with the text of the highlights. I could not figure out where the device gets the instruction to actually highlight a piece of text (i.e. I could not find e.g. an image file with the grey lines). So what you can surely do at the moment is use a free programme like gimp to put together the two image files corresponding to free annotation (one as an overlay to the other), and then convert that to pdf. YOu can also import these more simply in another free programme like jarnal: in that case you can load already the wholedocument as background, and then just overlay the annotations you've already made. But I don't know how to integrate highlights, nor whether, once you have annotated with another programme, you can then export it back to the device. Short of porting the same editor/programme to both device and computer, one would need a converter. But again, I am all ears if anyone has a solution, and I'm sure the two of us are not alone