Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
turdette
turdette began at the beginning.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Ipad
Kobo App + Ipad HELP!

I purchased the Ipad yesterday and it was going great until I went to add the Kobo app to download my already purchased books. The app itself downloads fine, I sign into my Kobo account and...none of my books show up.

Am I doing something wrong? I have search all over google for someone having the same problem and I cannot seam to find a solution. I have tried converting my books to epub and loading them into ibook, they show up there but they cannot open due to the type of format.

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks!
turdette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try powering off. Hold in the power button until the red slider comes up and slide it. Wait about 30 secs and push the power button until the apple comes up. This is different from simply putting it to sleep.

Last edited by DixieGal; 05-29-2010 at 08:02 PM.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #3
turdette

lol - yes I did sign into the app. When I do log into my account through the app it thinks for a few minutes and then thats it. It has a few free books it comes preloaded with and thats all that is in the Library.
Old 05-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
Victoria
Wizard
Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Victoria ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle PW, Kobo Clara; iphone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by turdette View Post
I purchased the Ipad yesterday and it was going great until I went to add the Kobo app to download my already purchased books. The app itself downloads fine, I sign into my Kobo account and...none of my books show up.

Am I doing something wrong? I have search all over google for someone having the same problem and I cannot seam to find a solution. I have tried converting my books to epub and loading them into ibook, they show up there but they cannot open due to the type of format.

Anyone have any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks!
Hi - I had trouble myself - but I just called the support line at Kobo. I got an answer right away and and the fellow helped me resolve the problem within a few minutes. My situation was different than you describe, but you might just want to give their support line a try.

( in case anyone can learn from my mistake - I purchased the book and then clicked on the link in the email you get confirming the purchase, which does not work for the ipad app, because it tries to download the book with safari. Instead once the email notification comes, close the mail app, open the kobo app again, and it then it downloads )

Good luck with getting your books on!

Last edited by Victoria; 05-29-2010 at 08:13 PM.
Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I completely changed my answer while you were posting. Sorry. But I remember doing something when I got the app, something that forced it to update and the it got them.

Wait, isn't there something you have to do at the .kobo store from your PC to force it? Seems like I had to manually click "dowload library" or something like that.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
sianon
Addict
sianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enoughsianon will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony 500, Bebook, Kindle, Eco reader Drs and soon the Archos 9
I remain unconvinced about Kobo. It may simply be th ebook I am reading at the moment, but each time I finish a chapter, I have to return to the contents page and then select the next chapter. Then I get a paging format that tells me I am on page 1 of however many pages in the chapter, rather thna total page number. This is frustrating as it is a nonfiction book which makes reference to other page numbers.
sianon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 09:03 PM   #7
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
maybe contact kobo support..? they're in the best position to help you with problems with their application.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #8
CarolineNH
Expert napper
CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.CarolineNH will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Pro, Kindle Fire 10
I had a couple of problems with the Kobo app on iPad.

The first (and easiest to resolve) resulted in "resetting" the Kobo app. For that, try the following: Go to "Settings" on the iPad, and on that page, select "Kobo" in the Apps section. Select "Clear Local Data" (moves the slider from OFF to ON). Exit out of that, return to your Kobo app, and it should require you to sign in again. At that point, it should go read your library again.

If that doesn't work, you may have an issue with a "problem" book. I had downloaded a free book titled "Sucker Punch" that had a formatting issue incompatible with my iPad. I had to delete that book from my Kobo library, on the computer, then perform the reset function detailed above. I don't know if there are other "problem" books out there.

I hope one of these helps you. I have not had any other issues since.
CarolineNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 PM   #9
turdette

Thanks for everyones help and suggestions. I have been able to get most of my books into the Kobo app - however it won't let me open any of them.

Customer support is NOT supportive - I have sent messages and phoned with no help whatsoever.

I'll try the above suggestion and see if that helps.

Thanks again!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #10
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetrason7 View Post
edited out (spam)
Your ipadmedia spam is just that.... spam....

f you ever wondered what is happens behind the myipadmeda scam, here is the scoop.

The sucker gives them $50, of that $50 the spammer who sent the sucker to that site gets $34. The other $16 goes to some clickmedia ripoff outfit.

Then the sucker that spent the $50 gets redirected to feedbooks.com with the addition of an "myipadmeda" banner across the top.

Feedbooks.com is a legit free site with public domain and free modern content from unsigned authors (try it out, it is actually pretty good) and they are doing everything they can to end the spammers from using their site.....

Last edited by mtravellerh; 06-18-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote