Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #1
berniej
Enthusiast
berniej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Mabuhay!

Greetings from my neck of the woods (Philippines).

I started reading ebooks since I discovered Palmreader using my old Palm III. Since then (around 2001), I may have consumed hundreds of ebooks on various devices (Palm IIIxe, Palm Tungsten|T, Palm Treo, a WinMob-based smartphone and currently using my Nokia e71).

I am currently using Calibre to manage my ebook library and I use Mobireader and/or Qreader on my Nokia e71 to read my ebooks.

A close friend will be having a trip to the U.S. and I asked him to get me my first true eBook reader -- the Sony Reader PRS-600. I am aware that the PRS-600 has *some* display issues if compared with the PRS-505/PRS-300 but since I have no point of comparison, I think the PRS-600 should do fine for me.
berniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Welcome to the forum. berniej!
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #3
Xiaopanda
Addict
Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.Xiaopanda is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Welcome Berniej....
The only thing is you will not be able to buy stuff from the Sony Store on line without a US credit card / address, so this may (or may not) limit you with the Sony 600.

However, this is not a major concern, you can find stuff in compatable formats here, and at other ebook sites.

Have fun here, lurk, ask questions and get access to arguably the best and latest info and ideas on ebook experiences!
Xiaopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #4
Crookshanks
Crookshanks began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mabuhay! Great to see someone from the motherland on the board, so I'll just make my first post here! My fellow Pinay co-worker has a Kindle 2, and it's super cute! The only thing I didn't like about it was the joystick button. I saw the Sony (don't know the exact model, but not the ones just released), and I liked the navigation on that better. Sigh, decisions, decisions...
Crookshanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:24 PM   #5
berniej
Enthusiast
berniej began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I hope I can find an online ePublisher where I can purchase from where I'm residing.
berniej is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Berniej!

I've done some comparisons with the 600 at my local Sony store. The difference in screen clarity between the 505 and 600 is minimal, no where near what it was between the 700 and the 505. I am sure you will love your 600 and the ability to "turn the page" with the swipe of a finger is worth the minimal difference.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:32 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi berniej and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobireader, nokia e71, prs-600