Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-13-2009, 01:48 AM   #1
libros_lego
libros_lego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
sd card question

does using the sd card in the kindle 1 drain the battery?
libros_lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Yes it does.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2009, 07:06 AM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
If it does (I've not noticed a drain on my K1), it may depend on how much content you have on your card (I have an 8GB card).

I haven't seen any studies or experiments comparing battery life with and without an SD card.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 07:10 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The straightforward answer to the question "does it drain the battery" is unquestionably "yes" - it requires power to operate; a very small amount of power in "standby" mode, a small amount of power to read data from it, and a quite considerable amount of power to write to it.

Whether the power consumption is sufficient to make a noticeable difference to the battery life I'll leave to Kindle owners to answer.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
libros_lego
libros_lego began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Battery was back to normal after the indexing process.
libros_lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert