Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Zipped HTML only creating file with one page

I've looked through the FAQ and posts and can't find the fix for this issue.

I did find this in the FAQ:
There are no images in the LRF file after conversion from HTML, or, why is only one HTML file being converted and not the others it links to?

If you use the GUI to convert an HTML file, you have to create a zip file with the HTML file and any images/extra files it references and then convert that ZIP file to LRF.

I save a multiple page story using SAVE PAGES AS... I then zip the resulting HTML files together and add to Calibre. After conversion, I only get one of the pages converted and many times it isn't even the first page. There are also folders created when I 'SAVE PAGE AS' but they only contain backgrounds. As a test, I dropped each HTML file into the appropriate folder then zipped these. Same result.

What am I doing wrong? It seems straightforward but I can't think of what else to try. I did try Bookit but it appears to do one page at a time and I'd really like to combine pages into one file.

I can combine files in GEB but then need a way to convert the OEB file to LRF.

Suggestions please?
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Rather than saving pages to disk. Use the command
Code:
web2lrf --url url_to_website
In any case the next release of calibre will automatically create the correct zipfile for you when you add a HTML file in the GUI
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I'm not sure where I am supposed to use this code so I too a chance from a command prompt. As you can see by my screen shot, I'm in the ballpark but not quite there.

I think I'll wait for the new version to come out since I obviously don't know what I'm doing!

Thanks for all your hard work!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	15680  
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
oops the command should be

Code:
web2lrf --url url defaul
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote