Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #1
Tinks
Zealot
Tinks doesn't litterTinks doesn't litter

Device: Voyage
Returning Paperwhite Question

I'm getting my replacement Paperwhite today and want to make sure I send the 1st one back correctly. I already registered and had books on the PW I'm sending back. Do I delete the books from the device and then deregister it? Or does Amazon deregister it when they get it back? Thanks for any information.
Tinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
sneakyspider
Ereader Addicts Anonymous
sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sneakyspider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (2)KO2, PW7thGen., KT2, iPadMini1
I would go with the "reset device" option. To access it, you bring up the menu, go to settings and then bring up the menu again. I think that deregisters you and removes the books from your device.
sneakyspider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
^ what sneakyspider said.

Then again, I strongly suppose that in case your returned device gets refurbished, and sent back out again, any of your potentially remaining personal documents would be deleted in the process.

But yes, to be on the safe side, just delete everything before sending the device back, by performing a factory reset.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Tinks
Zealot

Well I just received my replacement PW and it has a scratch on the screen. I wonder if anyone else is getting scratched or defective screens like me? I know the lighting was an issue for some, but I'm not having that particular problem.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
A scratch on the screen? Underneath the plastic wrapper?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #6
Tinks
Zealot

Yep. I just looked on the plastic wrapper, and there's no sign of it being scratched through the wrapper. It must have happened before it was placed in the wrapper. This is so strange. I never had any problems with my KK. I wonder if this screen is just more delicate and the employees aren't doing proper quality control.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #7
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Tinks, is there any update on this? Did you contact Kindle Support?
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #8
Tinks
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Tinks, is there any update on this? Did you contact Kindle Support?
I received my 2nd replacement today and it's perfect. I'm relieved because I love this kindle. I was reading on my KK yesterday and it seems so dark now compared to the PW. Between the light, the "Time to Read" feature, and only pressing on a word to bring up the dictionary, I'm in hog heaven.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #9
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinks View Post
I received my 2nd replacement today and it's perfect. I'm relieved because I love this kindle. I was reading on my KK yesterday and it seems so dark now compared to the PW. Between the light, the "Time to Read" feature, and only pressing on a word to bring up the dictionary, I'm in hog heaven.
I've only had my PW for a day now but I totally agree with you.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:34 PM   #10
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I'm loving time-to-read. Didn't realize how much I wanted it until I got it. Far better than "page numbers" which most people were clamoring for. It addresses the root reason rather than the requested feature.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:50 PM   #11
Tinks
Zealot

Blossom- I'm glad you're enjoying your PW as well. I was so iffy on the touch screen, but it isn't bad at all & is actually better for looking up words.

twowheels- I love the Time to Read feature too. It's so nice knowing how much time I have left in the chapter and book.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:10 AM   #12
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
I'm glad you got a good one. I'm still loving mine.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote