Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-24-2016, 04:12 PM   #376
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I've uploaded a new version with some small changes by me, and a big addition by AdmiralAnime (a new Bulgarian translation!). I changed the default location for saved images to be in the internal memory, so that people without SD cards wouldn't see warning messages when they exit the Configuration menu. When stepping across a zoomed in image, I made it automatically jump to the opposite side of the page as well as stepping up or down when you reach a side of the page, so that reading would be more seamless. AdmiralAnime also suggested a new zoom mode (fit height in portrait mode, fit width in landscape mode) that is better for double-page scans than the default mode, and I added that, as well. Finally, when describing the Custom Zoom mode for the Bulgarian translation, I realized that it was no longer necessary to use it for manual margin cropping when the application can do that automatically now. So, I modified it to no longer keep the horizontal position fixed, and now the Custom Zoom mode is just for setting an arbitrary zoom level that persists across page turns (like Zoom 100% does). You can still set the custom zoom level either by typing a percent value or by dragging a pointer across the screen.

Some of the other recent suggestions (taskbar, metadata,...) require a lot more work, and I'm too busy with my job to spend time on them now. So, they will have to wait for the future.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:20 PM   #377
Laaka
Laaka began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Ultra
Hi Rkomar,

thx for all !

I've tried to set up this application on my pocketbook ultra (650), but I can't find the extensions.cfg
It seems that there isn't this file !

Do you know if it's possible that the file could have an other name ?

edit: I found my answer on the forum, I have create the file and it works perfectly !
thank you very much for the application.

Last edited by Laaka; 03-23-2016 at 05:03 PM.
Laaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2016, 01:43 AM   #378
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laaka View Post
Hi Rkomar,

thx for all !

I've tried to set up this application on my pocketbook ultra (650), but I can't find the extensions.cfg
It seems that there isn't this file !

Do you know if it's possible that the file could have an other name ?

edit: I found my answer on the forum, I have create the file and it works perfectly !
thank you very much for the application.
I'm glad you figured it out. This thread is getting to be very long, and finding information in it is becoming a chore.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:43 PM   #379
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I'm glad you figured it out. This thread is getting to be very long, and finding information in it is becoming a chore.
It is better to provide information in our wiki. I have created a wiki page to get it started. Pbimageviewer

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:15 PM   #380
holysmoer
Enthusiast
holysmoer began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 2
I really like it to read manga in my Inkpad 2
Just a question: how,and if,is possible to see the number of the page of total manga. For example: pag 25 of 45.
holysmoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2016, 02:50 PM   #381
rkomar
Wizard

The version 5 firmware on the new devices completely changed the status bar, and it no longer shows the information that the old ones used to (page map, page number/total pages, percent zoom, display modes). You can open the Contents menu to see the current page and the total number of pages, but it's not very convenient. I'll look into creating a pop-up dialog with that information using one of the tap zones.

Last edited by rkomar; 09-17-2016 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM   #382
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
You already made some changes after my translation was added, while I haven't update it.
I'd say, as soon as you have changed or added things again, PM me, and I will make the necessary changes to the language source file.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 03:17 PM   #383
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
The version 5 firmware on the new devices completely changed the task bar, and it no longer shows the information that the old ones used to (page map, page number/total pages, percent zoom, display modes). You can open the Contents menu to see the current page and the total number of pages, but it's not very convenient. I'll look into creating a pop-up dialog with that information using one of the tap zones.
Old 09-17-2016, 03:40 PM   #384
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
You already made some changes after my translation was added, while I haven't update it.
I'd say, as soon as you have changed or added things again, PM me, and I will make the necessary changes to the language source file.
I don't think any of the "recent" changes needed new translations. I've been trying to avoid that, since I suspect most of my old translators no longer use a PocketBook device. That said, if you see some translations that need changing, PM me and we'll get those in.
Old 09-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #385
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoer View Post
Just a question: how,and if,is possible to see the number of the page of total manga. For example: pag 25 of 45.
Hi, can you share any pic/photo on how it look like in inkpad 2? (Upload somewhere and link it here, there is an image size restriction if uploaded directly here)

Off topic: Some question about the inkpad 2, I am considering it for reading manga and/or pdf
- Does the inkpad 2 show the book cover when in standby/screen or uncustomisable image(s) like kindle? Is it possible to use a custom image?
- How long does it take from powered off to home/library screen?
- How long does it take from stand by to showing last read/page?
- Is it auto rotating if you held with left hand instead? Is it only when reading a book or is it for all screen?

trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 03:34 AM   #386
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trewelu View Post
Hi, can you share any pic/photo on how it look like in inkpad 2? (Upload somewhere and link it here, there is an image size restriction if uploaded directly here)

Off topic: Some question about the inkpad 2, I am considering it for reading manga and/or pdf
- Does the inkpad 2 show the book cover when in standby/screen or uncustomisable image(s) like kindle? Is it possible to use a custom image?
- How long does it take from powered off to home/library screen?
- How long does it take from stand by to showing last read/page?
- Is it auto rotating if you held with left hand instead? Is it only when reading a book or is it for all screen?

It's offtopic,but I will answer you:

1) Yes,it show the cover of pdf and epub (not cbr or cbz archive). Same as my kobo (I never use kindle)
2) It's fast
3) same as 2)
4) Unfortunately there is not any auto rotation (but also my kobo don't have) but you can simply make it manually.

It's very good for manga and comics,but you have to install the app of this topic to read it,cause basically Inkpad 2 don't read cbr and cbz (and it's very strange).

Last edited by holysmoer; 09-23-2016 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:20 PM   #387
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoer View Post
I've finally uploaded the updated version of the application for this. Tapping the bottom middle of the screen pops up a dialog box with the page information. It shows the page number/total number of pages, zoom scale, and whether panel mode ([ ] or <[ ]>) and crop mode (>||<) are enabled. The page map cannot be shown in the dialog, unfortunately, so it has been left out.

I haven't added a menu item for this, so it is only available to devices with a touch screen. However, devices without touch screens use firmware 4 and older, so they should be able to still see that information in the status bar.

I've also added a device configuration file for the Touch HD (631.cfg) to the device_cfg.zip file. People with recent devices should download and install those configuration files for better UI if they haven't done so already.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:35 PM   #388
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:
I've finally uploaded the updated version of the application for this. Tapping the bottom middle of the screen pops up a dialog box with the page information. It shows the page number/total number of pages, zoom scale, and whether panel mode ([ ] or <[ ]>) and crop mode (>||<) are enabled. The page map cannot be shown in the dialog, unfortunately, so it has been left out.

I haven't added a menu item for this, so it is only available to devices with a touch screen. However, devices without touch screens use firmware 4 and older, so they should be able to still see that information in the status bar.

I've also added a device configuration file for the Touch HD (631.cfg) to the device_cfg.zip file. People with recent devices should download and install those configuration files for better UI if they haven't done so already.
Old 09-29-2016, 07:21 PM   #389
trewelu
Enthusiast
trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.trewelu invented the internet.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle PaperWhite 2013, Pocketbook InkPad2.
I like the app. Some feature request/question

1. Is it possible to preserve rotation for reading left handed (currently if you rotate the image, the next page will revert to potrait 0)
2. Toggle menu text doesn't indicate whether the setting currently is on or off.
3. Is there a way to have a chapter indicator so we can zip a whole volume but still can jump between chapter. One option probably is calibre cbc format
4. Locking/turn off tap/swipe to navigate
trewelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 08:45 AM   #390
holysmoer
Enthusiast

Quote:

Sorry I tried now to see the page in my Inkpad 2,but tapping only allow me to see the menu dialog