Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #1
tweebee
Enthusiast
tweebee doesn't littertweebee doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, Kindle Paperwhite 3
Clearing Search Results

I'm not sure which forums I should post this in.

When I'm doing a normal search in calibre, I know that I can press the Esc key to clear search result and that takes you back to the full list of books. When I'm using the Find Duplicates plug-in and it finds duplicates, pressing the Esc key here doesn't clear the result and take you back to the full book list. Would it be possible to add this so that pressing Esc with Find Duplicates would clear results?

Also, is it possible to assign a keyboard shortcut to Reset Quick Search? If not, I would like to put in a request for this.

Thank you!
tweebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Moderator Notice
Moved to Plugins since this is about a Plugin

There is a Reset Quick search button (looks like a back arrow with an X) near the search box.
It should work to clear for the find duplicates or any other PI with 'results'

You could always make a feature request on the tracker.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #3
tweebee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Moved to Plugins since this is about a Plugin

There is a Reset Quick search button (looks like a back arrow with an X) near the search box.
It should work to clear for the find duplicates or any other PI with 'results'

You could always make a feature request on the tracker.
Sorry, what is the tracker and where can I find it?

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found it.

Last edited by tweebee; 12-04-2011 at 04:56 PM. Reason: nevermind
Old 12-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@tweebee - the ESC key in Find Duplicates is doing exactly the same as it would do when not using Find Duplicates. The only difference is that a search restriction is applied using the dropdown on the left - if you try this yourself you will find the ESC key never clears a search restriction, only the contents of the search box.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:57 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
Sorry, what is the tracker and where can I find it?
To find out how to report bugs or request features go here.

That said, this is not a feature request item as theducks already outlined an existing feature that allows you to clear any search. What theducks points out will also clear the Find duplicates restriction, which as explained by kiwidude is different than a search.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #6
tweebee
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@tweebee - the ESC key in Find Duplicates is doing exactly the same as it would do when not using Find Duplicates. The only difference is that a search restriction is applied using the dropdown on the left - if you try this yourself you will find the ESC key never clears a search restriction, only the contents of the search box.
Wow there seems to be some sort of disconnect here. Basically, I just want a keyboard shortcut key for the Reset Quick Search button, which suppose to clear all search results and take me back to the full listing of books, and Kovid tells me that the Esc key does this, but when I'm using Esc on a duplicate list, it doesn't clear the search AND take me back to the full listing as clicking on the Reset Quick Search button does. So I don't understand. Kovid denied my request for a shortcut key (https://bugs.launchpad.net/calibre/+bug/900048) because the Esc does this, but kiwidude, you said that the Esc key does exactly what it suppose to do. But when I am in a duplicate list, Esc key and Reset Quick Search button give me two different things. I am at a lost here.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
Wow there seems to be some sort of disconnect here. Basically, I just want a keyboard shortcut key for the Reset Quick Search button, which suppose to clear all search results and take me back to the full listing of books, and Kovid tells me that the Esc key does this
The escape key will clear search results exactly like Kovid states. The find duplicates plugin creates a restricted library / search (see attached) and you are right the escape key will not clear this condition but the Reset Quick Search button will clear this condition. You are asking for clearing two different things but didn't inform Kovid of the difference. Since the escape key doesn't work under both circumstances it follows that the escape key does not equal the Reset Quick Search button.

Ask Kovid again explaining this need where the Reset Quick Search button works but the escape key doesn't and maybe he will have the time to integrate your request.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	restricted_find_dupes.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	181.6 KB
ID:	79646  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 12-04-2011 at 11:16 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
tweebee
Enthusiast

Ticket updated. Fix will be in the next release. Thank you!