Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-10-2011, 04:01 AM   #1
ghansen2
ghansen2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Humor: An Embarrassment of Riches by Gerald Hansen

I hope you can have a look at An Embarrassment of Riches (35 Amazon Reviews, 5 Star, fantastic sales) Comedian Colin Quinn called it "A Masterpiece" (I was very excited by the kudos!)

Here's the blurb: "When Ursula Barnett and her husband Jed win the Irish lottery, they think their troubles are over. But they are just beginning. Ursula coerces her Yank husband to retire in her hometown of Derry, Northern Ireland, hoping to atone for her youthful sins as a collaborator with the IRA in the 1970s. At the first sniff of Ursula s lotto win, however, her chronically greedy sister-in-law Fionnuala Flood rallies the family against Ursula.

Fionnuala's life is a misery. She is married to a boozing fish-packing plant worker and raising seven seedy hooligans, from a convict son to an eight-year-old devil-daughter who will resort to desperate measures to secure the perfect Holy Communion gown. Between two part-time jobs, Fionnuala still finds the energy to put into motion plans which pit husbands against wives, daughters against mothers, the lawless against the law and Fionnuala against anyone fool enough to cross her path.

Family saga and black comedy, love story and courtroom drama, An Embarrassment of Riches will take you on a journey to Northern Ireland and beyond, where Protestants and Catholics wage battle daily, and where crossing family with finance leads to passion and tragedy, heartache and hilarity."

Kindle only $1.99!!

http://www.amazon.com/An-Embarrassme...8232986&sr=8-2

$1.99 Nook as well!!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Emb.../2940000803271

And you can have a look at my website if you'd like as well!

www.geraldhansenbooks.com

Many, many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0595690831.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	77552  

Last edited by ghansen2; 10-10-2011 at 04:08 AM.
ghansen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
ghansen2

Why is my thread the only one without bold letters in the title...?!?!?!? Must get this fixed!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Once the most current post in any thread has been read (for example, by you), then it is no longer in bold - to you.

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
ghansen2

Ah, I get it! So I can keep track of what threads I've read. Many thanks for the info, Dr. Drib!
Old 10-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghansen2 View Post
Ah, I get it! So I can keep track of what threads I've read. Many thanks for the info, Dr. Drib!

You can also subscribe to threads.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
ghansen2

Thanks again for the tip, Don!