Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-15-2009, 05:46 AM   #1
crazyheinz
crazyheinz began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505
sony 505 - wrong titles

I have some pdfs that show weird titels, like 'All view frame page' and 'Corel Office Document'. The titels of the pdfs are normal in windows explorer.
How can i change this?
crazyheinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:04 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I use Calibre to edit the metadata (title, author, etc..) and then export it to my reader. It's easy to use and works great!
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2009, 06:38 AM   #3
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I use Calibre to edit the metadata (title, author, etc..) and then export it to my reader. It's easy to use and works great!
But you can't export PDFs, can you?
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:15 AM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyheinz View Post
I have some pdfs that show weird titels, like 'All view frame page' and 'Corel Office Document'. The titels of the pdfs are normal in windows explorer.
How can i change this?
The Sony Readers display the PDF metadata for the titles and authors (and pretty much ignore the filename). There are a number of apps and utilities you can use to edit this information. If you have Acrobat Professional (not sure if this works in the free Reader), you can bring up the Properties box (File > Properties) and edit them there (be sure to save afterwards). Alternately, as Boston says, Calibre can do it, too. Finally, a quick Google search brought me to this thread, where =X= points out a metadata editor that he's had success with. Lots of options, but unfortunately they all involve using some sort of tool.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:31 AM   #5
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
I've found that even some of the e-books I've bought from Books on Board had messed-up titles or authors. And of course, the PDF was locked so I couldn't change the metadata with Acrobat.

What I did was load them onto my Sony, fire up Calibre, and edit the data once the files show up on the device menu. You can't import DRM ePub/PDF into Calibre, but you can use the program to see the contents of your reader and change the metadata.
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert