Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #136
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I love my Amazon UK account.
Apache
I have a friend who lives in Wales and a couple of old Kindles.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 09:17 PM   #137
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
13 Retief ebooks have recently been published by the SF Gateway (Hachette), but only outside USA/Canada.
Thankfully Kobo makes it easy to take a vacation anywhere in the world.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 10:11 PM   #138
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

One of the series that I have been keeping my eye open for is the old Basil Broken tail series by Christopher Rowley. The first two appeared as ebooks this past week (or at least I noticed them this week). They seem to have been re-edited and re-titled as the Battle Dragon series. I actually suspect that these two books are the first book broken into two parts, since the second book is called The Doom, but the second book in the series was a Sword for a Dragon. Still, it's a pretty good series. There are seven books in the series, but I never got the last couple for some reason or another.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:58 AM   #139
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Eddings may be back!
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LFS3Y8A...-20#nav-subnav
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 01:16 PM   #140
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

#4 of Roger Zelazny's Amber series, The Hand of Oberon just hit the Kindle Store.
Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 AM   #141
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Ebook versions of Guy Gavriel Kay's first fantasy series The Fionavar Tapestry have been available for a while in US/Canada. They are now available in UK and other countries that get the UK editions:

1. The Summer tree
2. The Wandering Fire
3. The Darkest Road
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 06:39 AM   #142
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Ebook versions of Guy Gavriel Kay's first fantasy series The Fionavar Tapestry have been available for a while in US/Canada. They are now available in UK and other countries that get the UK editions:

1. The Summer tree
2. The Wandering Fire
3. The Darkest Road
Excellent series.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:22 PM   #143
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Robert J. Sawyer

Just noticed a whole bunch of newly self-published Robert J. Sawyer backlist on Kobo. Some of these might have already been available from other publishers in US/Canada:

Golden Fleece (1990)
End of an Era (1994)
Starplex (1996)
Frameshift (1997)
Factoring Humanity (1998)

The Quintaglio Ascension:
1. Far Seer (1992)
2. Fossil Hunter (1993)
3. Foreigner (1994)

Last edited by GeoffR; 10-19-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Added links to books on Kobo, as that seems to be the only place they are listed so far
Old 12-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #144
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

On the backlist front, since September, William Forstchen has released book 5 of the Lost Regiment Series (Battle Hymn) as well as books 2 & 3 of the Wing Commander Series. Hopefully his Ice Prophet series will make an appearance soon.

Christopher Rowley has released the 3rd of the Battle Dragon series (i.e. the Basil Brokentail series). This one is call Witch Sword and I think it's the first half of the original second book.

Robert Asprin's estate has release the first Phule's Company book. It's a fun read.

Roger Zelazny books continue their glacial pace of release. No new Amber books, but Baen has released Forever After, a short story collection.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #145
GeoffR
Wizard

DAW have released Alliance Space, an omnibus of Merchanter's Luck and 40,000 in Gehenna by C. J. Cherryh. Unlike most of her ebooks, this one is available in UK/Australia/New Zealand too.

From a post on the author's blog it looks like an ebook version of Finity's End is in the works too, along with a new book Alliance Rising.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:16 PM   #146
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I'm pretty sure they have been out for a while, but I picked up the entire Ian Fleming Bond Series (14 books) today for $25. Not bad. I remember reading the books way back when. Absolutely nothing like the movies, but still some good reads.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:48 PM   #147
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

As I was slogging through the Amazon's ebook list, I see that Patricia McKillip's The Forgotten Beast of Eld is coming out in ebook in September. A marvious book! I've already pre-ordered it.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:33 PM   #148
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Robert Asprin's backlist is slowly trickling out. The 3rd of the Phule's Company books will be coming out Tuesday. I bought the other two in ebook and have all three in paper. It's a pretty fun read.

I'm not sure who has the rights to Asprin's books. Perhaps his ex, Lynn Abby. If so, I hope that her books start appearing. I liked the first two of her Rifkind books (Daughter of the Bright Moon and The Black Flame) The third Rifkind's Challenge is out in ebook, but I'll wait for the other two first before buying that.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:02 PM   #149
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

The Forgotten Beast of Eld has dropped off the Kindle list and my pre-order was canceled. Not sure what the deal is for that.

I did just pick up to backlist books from series that have been slowly trickling out - Book 4 of Rowley's Bazil Brokentail series, which has been retitled the Battle Dragon series. I also picked up book 6 of the Lost Regiment series.

Some of the back list books, I'm now watching for -
Zelazny's books. We are up to book 4 of the Amber series and waiting for Book 5. The last two came out in the fall in 2015 and 2016, so perhaps it will come out this fall. This will be the last of the Corwin set of the Amber series. 4 Zelazny ebooks were released last year, but so far, nothing this year.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #150
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Just picked up the one Garrett, P.I., by Glen Cook, that hadn't been released as an ebook, book 7, "Red Iron Nights". The rest had been out for a while (#8 "Deadly Quicksilver Lies", was only in Garrett for Hire and it's now available as a single). Now I have the complete set in ebook.

The Garrett PI series (14 in all) is one of the better fantasy/detective story series out there, up there with the Lord Darcy books, but a very different spin. Well worth reading. I don't love every Glen Cook book written, but he has several series that are in my favorite books list - The Black Company books, the Garrett PI books, the Dread Empire books and a stand alone, Swordbearer, which is one of the more interesting books that I've read. It's an interesting variation of Moorcock's Erlik series.

Tags
backlist, backlisted books