Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #1
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Anyone outside US problem buying Nook books?

Has anyone outside the US problems buying Nook books?

I have always been able to buy Nook books using my Dutch Mastercard credit card, an US address and an US VPN. Since about 2 weeks this is not working anymore. I get a message that my order could not be processed because something is wrong with my account.
Looks like B&N detects that I am not in the US.

I first thought the problem was the credit card, either B&N or Mastercard no long accepting a Dutch card with an US address. So I re-activated my USunlocked card. Which is a Visa card with a real US billing address. This made no difference.
Tried another VPN. No difference.

I finally created a new B&N account for testing (using another e-mail address).
I registered this account with the USunlocked card. The same problem. Order cannot be processed.

Does anyone have the same problem?
Are other people outside the US still able to buy ebooks?
Does anyone have any idea what is going wrong?
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Chapter One
Screen Swiper
Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chapter One ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STwG, Nook HD+, Kindle Voyage.
We have 3 Nooks in this house but we live in New Zealand.
I have used a VPN a few times to buy from B&N but not for a long time and probably will never try again, for the simple fact that B&N is too expensive. I buy most of our books from Kobo, using the coupon codes to make them even cheaper or I buy from Amazon.
I use Calibre with plugins to remove any drm and then sideload them onto our Nooks. Its quick and easy to do and gives more variety as to where we buy from, and with the books being cheaper, I can buy more. Win win.
Chapter One is offline   Reply With Quote