Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #1
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Question Kindle 3G w/SO - USB Charger?

I bought the Kindle 3G with Special Offers when it was on sale at Best Buy. On the Kindle Amazon page, it says that:
Quote:
Charge Via USB
Kindle ships with a U.S. power adapter and a micro-USB cable for charging your Kindle from a computer USB port.
I could only find the power adapter in the box. Can anyone confirm whether the SO Kindle is supposed to include the micro-USB cable? I really wanted to be able to side load my books.

Thank you!
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I bought the Kindle 3G with Special Offers when it was on sale at Best Buy. On the Kindle Amazon page, it says that:

I could only find the power adapter in the box. Can anyone confirm whether the SO Kindle is supposed to include the micro-USB cable? I really wanted to be able to side load my books.

Thank you!
yes they come with both. call kindle customer support and explain, they'll most likely send you one at no charge.
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #3
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevermind. I was just looking at the pictures on Amazon and saw that the USB detaches from the outlet plug. Very clever! I never saw anything like that before and it never occurred to me to pull that apart.

Sorry for bothering you all about that.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
yes they come with both. call kindle customer support and explain, they'll most likely send you one at no charge.
Was yours two separate cables?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #5
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I think that since the K3 came out, Amazon has been shipping with the one, dual purpose cord. Some of the smart phones now come with the same type of pull apart cord as well. Definitely clever.

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

You should have one USB A/C charger with the A/C plug on one end and standard USB port on the other, and one USB cable with a standard USB on one end and a micro-USB on the other. You can use the cable by itself to connect your Kindle to a PC or Mac, or you can use the cable plus the charger to rapid charge the Kindle.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #7
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Was yours two separate cables?
no, it was not 2 cables, but 2 parts:

1. a usb 'a' to micro usb cable
2. a wall plugin with a usb socket
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:05 PM   #8
blue_skies
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
no, it was not 2 cables, but 2 parts:

1. a usb 'a' to micro usb cable
2. a wall plugin with a usb socket
Yes, here is the link to the photo a customer posted on Amazon:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Y6QIezK6L.jpg
Old 08-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #9
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipA82 View Post
Call to CS.
Maybe can help you!
The problem was solved a few postings ago.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #10
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
I think that since the K3 came out, Amazon has been shipping with the one, dual purpose cord. Some of the smart phones now come with the same type of pull apart cord as well. Definitely clever.

cheers
My K2 was this way too. Actually, most of my electronics that use a USB cable are this way. The K3 cable is ridiculously cheap feeling compared to the quality K2 one.
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
This has tripped quite a few people up. I'd think this scenario could easily be avoided by shipping the usb cable unplugged from the AC adapter. That way everyone sees both pieces of the puzzle from the get-go. Easy-peasy. But that's probably too simple.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #12
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
The K3 cable is ridiculously cheap feeling compared to the quality K2 one.
I'll say. It's too hard and stiff; and even worse, it's white! For traveling, I use the charger and cable that came with my Kodak PlaySport.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote