Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: What is your Karma to Posts ratio? i.e your 'Karma number' divided by 'Number of Post
FOR ANY NUMBER OF POSTS: Negative 1 1.85%
FOR ANY NUMBER OF POSTS: Below 1 5 9.26%
A1) FOR SUB 100 POSTS: Below 10 4 7.41%
A2) FOR SUB 100 POSTS: Below 15 3 5.56%
A3) FOR SUB 100 POSTS: Below 20 1 1.85%
A4) FOR SUB 100 POSTS: Above 20 4 7.41%
B1) FOR 100 POSTS OR MORE: Below 2 5 9.26%
B2) FOR 100 POSTS OR MORE: Below 3 2 3.70%
B3) FOR 100 POSTS OR MORE: Below 5 6 11.11%
B4) FOR 100 POSTS OR MORE: Below 8 4 7.41%
B5) FOR 100 POSTS OR MORE: Above 8 3 5.56%
C1) FOR 1000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 2 1 1.85%
C2) FOR 1000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 3 1 1.85%
C3) FOR 1000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 4 1 1.85%
C4) FOR 1000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 5 3 5.56%
C5) FOR 1000 POSTS OR MORE: Above 5 0 0%
D1) FOR 5000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 1.5 1 1.85%
D2) FOR 5000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 2 1 1.85%
D3) FOR 5000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 2.5 0 0%
D4) FOR 5000 POSTS OR MORE: Below 3 0 0%
D5) FOR 5000 POSTS OR MORE: Above 3 0 0%
I don't know what Karma, Posts or Ratio is—Let me see the results 8 14.81%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
What is your Karma to Posts ratio?

OK we have literary eggheads here, gadget freaks, programming gurus, but what about some simple math related ideas (for math geeks)?

In search of the Highest Karma to Posts ratio, but feel free to post your current ratio i.e. 'Karma number' divided by 'Number of Posts'

I know this breaks down for low post counts so we will have four categories:
A) Sub 100 posts
B) 100 or more posts
C) 1000 or more posts
D) 5000 or more posts
Rules:
1) Sub 100 posts: Looking for greater than 10 since when you start you have Karma=10 and Post=1. (There is no infinity, because once you post, then your post count is one! )

2) 100 or more posts: There are no rules!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-22-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: clarified audience and make it easier to turn this into a poll!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:09 PM   #2
nrapallo
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK I will start this off, my K:P ratio is 3.6 (=1510÷420) for Category B!

Last edited by nrapallo; 04-22-2008 at 10:38 PM.
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 10:37 PM   #3
nrapallo

Ratios 101

The Karma to Posts ratio is defined as Numerator ÷ Denominator, or

Numerator = Top part of fraction i.e. 'Karma number'

divided by

Denominator = Bottom part of fraction i.e. 'Number of Posts'

Example: 1510 ÷ 420 = 3.6
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Okay, so my numerator = A small parasite fish that can climb up a Mel Gibson

and my Denominator = the colour "gibbon".

So, my ratio is:

small fish ÷ the colour gibbon = Eleventy-bunyip

I think that's a high number, isn't it?

Cheers,
Marc (Mathematically I'm like A Beautiful Mind...but stupid)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
OK, since Marc's zombies are a bit challenged today, his Karma ratio is 10.5 in Cat B.

Mine is 3.5 in Cat C
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
So, my ratio is:
I think that's a high number, isn't it?

Cheers,
Marc (Mathematically I'm like A Beautiful Mind...but stupid)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
OK, since Marc's zombies are a bit challenged today, his Karma ratio is 10.5 in Cat B.

Mine is 3.5 in Cat C
Quick, Marc, the answer is over RWood's shoulder, quick before he covers the answers...
Old 04-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #7
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I'm not sure about this whole ratio thing, personally I'm more of a Karma Chameleon
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:22 AM   #8
nrapallo

This thread is now a Poll!

OK poll time: get ready to vote, but bring a calculator/slide ruler/math wiz!
Old 04-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #9
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
While this is an interesting idea, it doesn't really give you an idea of just how *novel* someone's ideas are based on their post-to-karma ratio. Why, you may ask?

Quite simple... if people with relatively high karma are hitting you up for your posts, then your karma will get a really big boost with just a few bumps; meanwhile, if you're helping out the little people (you know, newbies without any real karma boosting power), then your karma can be quite low even though you've been bumped a lot of times. A more precise indicator whould be the number of "actual" karma-bumps vs. # of posts posted, that will provide a more accurate representation of how helpful someone has been based on a majority vote instead of a "friends in high places" vote.

Just a thought...
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:00 AM   #10
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
While this is an interesting idea, it doesn't really give you an idea of just how *novel* someone's ideas are based on their post-to-karma ratio. Why, you may ask?

Quite simple... if people with relatively high karma are hitting you up for your posts, then your karma will get a really big boost with just a few bumps; meanwhile, if you're helping out the little people (you know, newbies without any real karma boosting power), then your karma can be quite low even though you've been bumped a lot of times. A more precise indicator whould be the number of "actual" karma-bumps vs. # of posts posted, that will provide a more accurate representation of how helpful someone has been based on a majority vote instead of a "friends in high places" vote.

Just a thought...
Yes, it seems even here, it's who you know.

If you impress the "Movers & Shakers", then you're drowning in Karma. Do that to the average Joe and you eat Humble pie with a bit of Karma on top.

Point well taken!
Old 04-23-2008, 10:02 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have no idea what mine is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #12
nrapallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I have no idea what mine is.
Ahem, *cough*, *cough*, second poll choice from the top, *cough*, *cough*.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #13
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
I'd have a go - but I've forgotten how to use my slide rule ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM   #14
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i had too much wine last night and you want me to do maths today ? my poor head...
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
OK poll time: get ready to vote, but bring a calculator/slide ruler/math wiz!
Oh, shoot. Does this mean I can't use my abacus?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jellyfish, really geeky, stupid, unutterable silliness