Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-12-2013, 05:00 AM   #1
Jeff_F
Jeff_F began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
1st Gen Kindle Fire has no App Store support in Canada

Several years ago, while living in the States, I picked up a first generation Kindle Fire for my wife. We have since moved back to Canada and I am now using it.
However, because I no longer have an American billing address or credit card I can not use the App Store.
Wondering if anyone can offer a way around this? I understand that with a File Explorer I can transfer non Amazon apps to my device but I'm not sure how to get a File Explorer without going through the Amazon App store.
I love this device, even though its a little on the heavy side, and I would love to be able to make better use of its features.

Thanks for any help you might be able to offer
Jeff_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Go here to get Kindle Fire apps in Canada:

http://www.amazon.ca/

You will have to deregister from the American Amazon store and then re-register through the Fire at the Canadian store.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle fire app store, no support