Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 07:43 PM   #1
Maja-san
Maja-san began at the beginning.

Device: iriver cover story
Iriver cover story displaying "Can't open doc."

I have had my Iriver cover story now for just over 3 years. So far it has worked fine and I have have had no problems with transfer or opening of files. Until now.

Today I wanted to try my local library's new ebook lending service powered by Overdrive. I was able to borrow and download the files. I could open them on my laptop with Adobe Digitals Edition (2.0). My device is authorized with my Adobe ID. The files show up in the show up in the laptops downloads folder as a ACSM file but in Adobe it looks like any other epub. Through ADE I'm able to transfer the file onto my iriver but then when I try to open it on the device I get the message "Can't open doc."

This has never happened before. I have googled and read various forums but found nothing to help.

Please help if anyone has had this happened to them and managed to fix it.
It is very frustrating.
Maja-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
CJJ
Zealot
CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.CJJ can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: laptop, iriver Story HD, Galaxy Tab2 10.1
Really can't help you. My only thought was; did you authorize your device with an older version of ADE? Don't know if it matters. I've never updated my ADE. I'm on 1.7 something.
CJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 AM   #3
Maja-san

Yes, I did think that also so I did unactivate and the reactivate. I think it just said that this device is already activateted with ADE. Thanks anyway

I believe that it's the reader that needs updating but I not know how to go about doing that.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
Maja-san

It appears that while I thought I had re authorized with the new version of ADE I had not done it correctly.

I did it again following these instructions , http://www.wccls.org/library2gohelp/...horizing-adobe

That worked! But i can now not return or transfer the books I had already borrowed but have to borrow them again. I hope they get returned properly when the time is up.