Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 09:01 PM   #1
galvtsi
kindle2 and nook user
galvtsi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 and nook
Hello, from Salt Lake City, Utah

I have a Kindle, and my nook should be delivered tomorrow. I have a lot of manuals in pdf and was looking for a reader. The nook never arrived when I was originally told, so because the Kindle supported an experimental pdf reader, I purchased one of those. I did conversions to pdf and placed them on the Kindle, but they all look like crap on it. Today, I saw a nook in Barnes and Noble and they had a pdf loaded into it. It looked great. Waiting for the nook, I did research into ebooks for both the Kindle and the nook. I have been able to find almost every book I searched for to put into the Kindle, but never found one searched for the nook. Already, I have read five books on the Kindle and they look great. Tomorrow, I will be trying to read on the nook and make a comparrison. -Frank
galvtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:06 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Frank.

Enjoy the forums
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Frank and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:02 PM   #4
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR, galvtsi It will be interesting to read your comparison. Enjoy your nook!
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 01:42 AM   #5
galvtsi
kindle2 and nook user
galvtsi began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2 and nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by galvtsi View Post
I have a Kindle, and my nook should be delivered tomorrow. I have a lot of manuals in pdf and was looking for a reader. The nook never arrived when I was originally told, so because the Kindle supported an experimental pdf reader, I purchased one of those. I did conversions to pdf and placed them on the Kindle, but they all look like crap on it. Today, I saw a nook in Barnes and Noble and they had a pdf loaded into it. It looked great. Waiting for the nook, I did research into ebooks for both the Kindle and the nook. I have been able to find almost every book I searched for to put into the Kindle, but never found one searched for the nook. Already, I have read five books on the Kindle and they look great. Tomorrow, I will be trying to read on the nook and make a comparrison. -Frank
I now have my nook and the pdf manuals look great! I do have two manuals for my amateur radios that do not list. It appears that they are protected format. Everything loaded up fine, but slowly. I loaded a list of about 400meg onto the Kindle and it took about ten minutes. Loading the same list onto the nook took about an hour and twenty minutes. If I remember correctly, the USB interface in the nook is 1.1 and in the Kindle is 2.0. We have had the faster 2.0 for years now, what gives with the old stuff?
galvtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert