Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > IMP Books

Notices

Old 09-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Gemstar: Gemstar eBook Formatting Standards. IMP. v1.0 20 September 2007

This is a conversion of the old Gemstar eBook Formatting Standards 17 page pdf file. It is a must read for anyone doing their own books. I have also added an Appendix on the End that documents the differences between this standard and the way the latest versions of ebook Publisher and the eb1150 actually work.

Dale
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: imp GemstarNewFormat.imp (74.2 KB, 1268 views)
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Can you post the PDF as well? Some of us don't have your device but want to support it .
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2007, 12:11 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Can you post the PDF as well? Some of us don't have your device but want to support it .
I have posted it, but you don't really need it. The ebook publisher and book designer applications both include a pc based viewer for the books in imp file format. This reader can be used to view any imp file even if it was not created in publisher or designer. There two viewers are slightly different but both do a good job of showing exactly what the results will look like. You do need to check a book both in normal and zoom modes to ensure that it looks ok.

Note that the pdf I posted does not contain my additions for the difference between the original gemstar and the eb1150 we have today. The default font on the current device is small as defined in ebook publisher. This may be called medium in some conversion programs so compare it to a book done in ebook publisher like the ones I post to make sure. Formerly the default font was x-small but I think most people prefer the newer larger standard default. The zoom mode is 2 fonts larger.

Dale
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Gemstar eBook EB-1150 Formatting Standards.pdf (71.0 KB, 2219 views)
Old 03-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #4
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatton View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to update the fonts on the 1150 to allow support for these characters?
It isn't. The characters that the 1150 can handle are specified in the Gemstar Formatting Guide (imp or pdf), and characters like g-circumflex and u-breve aren't in that set. The only way to get Esperanto text onto an eBookwise is to do so in image-mode imp format, either by using BookDesigner and making an 1150-sized book image, or by using something like PDFRead to rasterize a pdf. I've actually done the former before, but it's so long since I've played with BookDesigner (if you don't need special characters, other tools are much better for making imp books) that the quick sample I made and screen-grabbed isn't much. Upside of image-imp: any font, any size, any characters, landscape mode. Downside is file size, ranging from a few times that of text-imp up. At the font size I used to use, about twenty times text-imp size.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	esp-ls.gif
Views:	958
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	11642  
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
marypinchesme
marypinchesme began at the beginning.

Device: gemstar 1150
gemsrar 1150 format

gemstar 1150

can you load books from your pc and what fomats. is pdf ok

cified in the Gemstar Formatting Guide (imp or pdf), and characters like g-circumflex and u-breve aren't in that set. The only way to get Esperanto text onto an eBookwise is to do so in image-mode imp format, either by using BookDesigner and making an 1150-sized book image, or by using something like PDFRead to rasterize a pdf. I've actually done the former before, but it's so long since I've played with BookDesigner (if you don't need special characters, other tools are much better for making imp books) that the quick sample I made and screen-grabbed isn't much. Upside of image-imp: any font, any size, any characters, landscape mode. Downside is file size, ranging from a few times that of text-imp up. At the font size I used to use, about twenty times text-imp size.[/QUOTE]
marypinchesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

All files on the EB-1150 must be in IMP format when they are transferred to the device, or to a card to be used on the device. (The only alternative is a folder containing the eBook in internal format but this is not an exchange format)

PDF and any other standard eBook format must be converted to IMP before transferring. There are a number of tools you can use to do the conversion. See the wiki on IMP for more details.

Dale