Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
Red face H'lo, 'sup?

I never really know what to put in these things, so yeah, I am a roleplayer of pen & paper style games (not computer games). Mostly, I read science fiction and urban fantasy books, but I also read a lot of technology, science, history, and philosophy articles and books.

Uhm. . .hi?
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:01 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
I never really know what to put in these things, so yeah, I am a roleplayer of pen & paper style games (not computer games). Mostly, I read science fiction and urban fantasy books, but I also read a lot of technology, science, history, and philosophy articles and books.

Uhm. . .hi?
Hello, phyishStyx. Welcome to mobileread. I'm sure you'll find lots of great info, and like minded people here.

Have you looked at the books uploaded here?

What made you decide on the dr1000 as your choice? No judgement here, just curious.

Please participate in our "what country do you live in" poll. We love to know where everyone is from!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hello PhishStyx - it's nice to meet you. Sounds like you have a lot of interests in common with other members here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhishStyx View Post
Do you work for Microsoft support?
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #4
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Hello, phyishStyx. Welcome to mobileread. I'm sure you'll find lots of great info, and like minded people here.

Have you looked at the books uploaded here?
Briefly, but I haven't downloaded anything yet (Literally, since I posted this note originally).

Quote:
What made you decide on the dr1000 as your choice? No judgement here, just curious.
In fact, I have a thread up about it. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37438
One of my main uses for it will be to read my own created 8.5 x 11" PDF's for RPG gaming purposes and make "margin notes" on the document, so that I can look at them later and edit those events and changes into future versions.

In fact, I'm so attracted to the Kindle too, that I just ordered one.

Quote:
Please participate in our "what country do you live in" poll. We love to know where everyone is from!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37241
Done, I'm from the US (in Virginia), and I joined the Frappr map, but I appear to be the only Virginian here.

Last edited by PhishStyx; 01-28-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #5
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Hi back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Do you work for Microsoft support?
No, are they hiring stay-at-home dad/fiction writers? I mean their technical manuals have to come from somewhere!
Advert
Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Welcome! You are most certainly not the only Virginia person here, I know cassidym hails from those parts, and I was born there (and still have family there).

And for another link, check out our MobileRead book club. This month we are doing contemporary novels (all free), and there's a few Scifi titles on the list. It is currently up for vote (whichever has the highest votes is that month's pic). Here's the link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37219
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi PhishStyx and welcome to the Forum. Plenty of Virginians here. in fact, we had a meet up last August.

See the details here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ia+meet&page=2 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=66
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #8
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Welcome! You are most certainly not the only Virginia person here, I know cassidym hails from those parts, and I was born there (and still have family there).
Sorry, I was a bit inaccurate there ; I meant that I seemed to be the on person here & on Frappr who is in VA.

And for another link, check out our MobileRead book club. This month we are doing contemporary novels (all free), and there's a few Scifi titles on the list. It is currently up for vote (whichever has the highest votes is that month's pic). Here's the link:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37219[/QUOTE]

Sounds cool. Hopefully, after my readers show up (I just ordered a Kindle and plan on getting an iRex soon), I'll be able to take advantage of these things.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
PhishStyx
The me that I am

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi PhishStyx and welcome to the Forum. Plenty of Virginians here. in fact, we had a meet up last August.

See the details here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ia+meet&page=2 and https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=66
Heh, your Meetup was the day before my birthday.