Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 01-19-2009, 05:55 PM   #1
cybergeezer
cybergeezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and K3 3G + WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite WiFi, iPod Touch 3, 4 & 5
Aloha

Aloha Mobile(& Recumbent)Readers:

Just learned of MobileRead from my sample Kindle download of The Kindle Cookbook.

Looks like an interesting place to visit...not sure if I want to live here. I'll poke into some of the nooks and crannies of the neighborhood and should I have a rare insight will be sure to lend it to the relevant neighbors.

I have been interested in e-reading devices for a long time but wasn't induced to take the plunge until wireless delivery of content became available. Now my Kindle runneth over and I never leave home without it. The other inducement was the cost and availability of the NY Times during our winter sojourns to this little spot of land that is farther away from any substantial land mass than anywhere else on this planet. Here the NYT is always a day late and costs US$26 per week on the newstand. The e-version, at $13.99 per month, subsidized the purchase cost of the Kindle in one winter. I was frugal before it became fashionable and necessary.

The only problem now is that between mobile reading and podcasts there really is very little, actually no time, for the less entertaining responsibilities of life.

Aloha to all.
cybergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Welcome Cybergeezer (from another geezer). You'll probably find (like I have) that ebooks are addictive & obtain a whole lot more than you can read.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 08:04 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi cybergeezer and welcome to Da Kine Forum
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
aloha and welcome from a soon-to-be-recumbent reader.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Aloha! Wish I was there, rahter than here in the Icebox State!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2009, 08:16 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I disagree, I think you should live here It's a nice place, people don't bite much.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:45 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome, cybergeezer. There are a lot of us here. Be sure and check out all the free books lovingly hand formatted by our own talent volunteers, to cut down even more on your spending.

Enjoy.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote