Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-28-2008, 09:30 AM   #31
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Goo Goo A Joob - Bayyybee,

Goo (ascending highspeed falling triplet guitar solo to high point (with riot sounds in background instead of Cricket Play-by-play.)
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 09:45 AM   #32
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Ok, let me get this straight...

Marc, Queen Z, sequin dresses, synchronized dancing, punk version of "I am the Walrus" on theremin.

Oh yeah, I would definitely pay to see THAT!
actually, could i have a dress with fringes on, instead ? like those flapper dresses from the 20's ? i've never been much for sequins. you know, something like this :

or this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post

Goo (ascending highspeed falling triplet guitar solo to high point (with riot sounds in background instead of Cricket Play-by-play.)
that sounds about right.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 09:47 AM   #33
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
actually, could i have a dress with fringes on, instead ? like those flapper dresses from the 20's ? i've never been much for sequins. you know, something like this :

Yeah, thats fine, and I think that color would look very nice on Marc as well.
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:12 AM   #34
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
actually, could i have a dress with fringes on, instead ? like those flapper dresses from the 20's ? i've never been much for sequins.
Is this now the official dress code for the Paris MR Meet-UP?

How come Marc's Ministry Anthem is not on the playlist?
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:18 AM   #35
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
yes. brilliant idea.

Quote:
oh, it is ! but we save that one for later in the set. the audience needs a bit of preparation for it.
Advert
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #36
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
It's not?! Good grief, I sing The Anthem every morning in the shower. I must say, I'm getting pretty good at the chorus.

Oooo-ooo-ooo-ooo!
Spin, Zelda, Spin!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #37
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Because it's reserved for official functions. This is most unofficial...
Old 11-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #38
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Because it's reserved for official functions. This is most unofficial...
And irregular!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 10:25 AM   #39
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
And irregular!
:groan:
Old 11-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #40
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
:groan:
The flapper dresses are nice, but I was thinking about ankle length polynesian skirts. (You know, the ones that consist of a huge number of individual threads hanging down...)

You know, I'm going to have to spend a day or two, working up the song and choreography. I will shamelessly rewrite the lyics to fit...(And yes, I will include Marc's Theramin solo (already figured out where in the song).
Old 11-28-2008, 10:36 AM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
The flapper dresses are nice, but I was thinking about ankle length polynesian skirts. (You know, the ones that consist of a huge number of individual threads hanging down...)
you mean those grass skirts ? i've always thought those must be reeeeally itchy. and i'm more in tune with the flapper aesthetic anyway.
Quote:
You know, I'm going to have to spend a day or two, working up the song and choreography. I will shamelessly rewrite the lyics to fit...(And yes, I will include Marc's Theramin solo (already figured out where in the song).
oh, i can't WAIT for this !!!
Old 11-28-2008, 03:57 PM   #42
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

HOLD ON TO YOUR AIRPLANE BAGS, 'CAUSE HERE IT COMES.....

This parody is guaranteed to bring you off your seat and head straight for the loo!

(While Zelda P. prefers flapper dresses, imagine Marc and her in long, thick beaded skirts (like polynesean grass skirts), doing the appropriate Rockette kick out of the skirt on each "Show us some leg" line, and doing a syncronous turn/slide, turn/slide back and forth on the "GOO GOO A JOOBs.)

We are the M R! (to the tune of The Beatles "I Am The Walrus."

(Marc does opening bars on the Theremin)

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how we write as we're up all night, see how we glow.
We're reading.
Picking up the lobster phone, but no-one on the line.
Corporate ads showing, stupid bloody adverts.
Man you are a lousy hack
You let your rhymes go wrong.

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB

Mr. silly publishers setting stupid little prices on the go - Oh!
See how they climb like planes in the sky, see how they grow.
I'm reading. - I'm reading I'm reading. I'm reaaadiiing.
Lousy scrambled e-book - dripping with some D - R - M.
Break out the decrypter, clean it up to clear text.
Girl you are a lousy hack
You let your rhymes get thin.

(Sound of dozens of choppers taking off, sound steadily growing thru the second GOO GOO A JOOB)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB
GOO GOO A JOOB

(Marc does Theremin solo for the opening of the slow section)

Sitting in a French cafe, waiting for the rain,
If the rain don't come, we'll all get blitzed, sipping Zany Carters again...

(Sound of Obama speech in the background)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB
GOO GOO A JOOB

Expert textpert, crappy firmware, don't you think the coders laugh at you?
Ho ho ho, Hee hee hee, Ha Ha Ha!
See what they mean by looking at the screen, see how they goofed.
We're reading....
Zelda of the Pinwheel, stting top the Effiel Tower
Economic penguins singing Hare Krisna
Man you should have seen them, burning piles of all our Dough!

(Sound of riots in background growing slowly until eventually drownding out the rest of the song.)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB - BAYYYBEE,

GOO GOO A JOOB - JOOB A, JOOB A, JOOB A .......
(ascending highspeed falling triplet guitar solo to high point)

(Riot sounds finally drown out song....)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #43
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
HOLD ON TO YOUR AIRPLANE BAGS, 'CAUSE HERE IT COMES.....

This parody is guaranteed to bring you off your seat and head straight for the loo!

(While Zelda P. prefers flapper dresses, imagine Marc and her in long, thick beaded skirts (like polynesean grass skirts), doing the appropriate Rockette kick out of the skirt on each "Show us some leg" line, and doing a syncronous turn/slide, turn/slide back and forth on the "GOO GOO A JOOBs.)

We are the M R! (to the tune of The Beatles "I Am The Walrus."

(Marc does opening bars on the Theremin)

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
See how we write as we're up all night, see how we glow.
We're reading.
Picking up the lobster phone, but no-one on the line.
Corporate ads showing, stupid bloody adverts.
Man you are a lousy hack
You let your rhymes go wrong.

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB

Mr. silly publishers setting stupid little prices on the go - Oh!
See how they climb like planes in the sky, see how they grow.
I'm reading. - I'm reading I'm reading. I'm reaaadiiing.
Lousy scrambled e-book - dripping with some D - R - M.
Break out the decrypter, clean it up to clear text.
Girl you are a lousy hack
You let your rhymes get thin.

(Sound of dozens of choppers taking off, sound steadily growing thru the second GOO GOO A JOOB)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB
GOO GOO A JOOB

(Marc does Theremin solo for the opening of the slow section)

Sitting in a French cafe, waiting for the rain,
If the rain don't come, we'll all get blitzed, sipping Zany Carters again...

(Sound of Obama speech in the background)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

GOO GOO A JOOB
GOO GOO A JOOB

Expert textpert, crappy firmware, don't you think the coders laugh at you?
Ho ho ho, Hee hee hee, Ha Ha Ha!
See what they mean by looking at the screen, see how they goofed.
We're reading....
Zelda of the Pinwheel, stting top the Effiel Tower
Economic penguins singing Hare Krisna
Man you should have seen them, burning piles of all our Dough!

(Sound of riots in background growing slowly until eventually drownding out the rest of the song.)

Show us some leg, man,
(Woo)
Show us some leg, girl,
(Woo)
We are the M R!

(ascending highspeed falling triplet guitar solo to high point)

(Riot sounds finally drown out song....)
oh BRAVO !!!! :standingovation: !!!! that definitely gets equal air time with the anthem !!!

i can't even express how much i love this place.

Sir^2 Ralph Sir Edward FTW !!!

(i still kinda want the fringy flapper dress though. you can make it longer and i'll kick through the fringes.)
Old 11-28-2008, 04:09 PM   #44
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
This may be very telling that Ralph references one of the 'Paul is Dead' conspiracy songs and uses it as a basis for a song regarding Marc... Marc, who just mysteriously disappeared and subsequently reappeared with a new avatar... I'm not certain what ZP's role would be yet...

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 04:24 PM   #45
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
oh BRAVO !!!! :standingovation: !!!! that definitely gets equal air time with the anthem !!!

i can't even express how much i love this place.

Sir^2 Ralph Sir Edward FTW !!!

(i still kinda want the fringy flapper dress though. you can make it longer and i'll kick through the fringes.)
OK by me, It's the kick thru/flash the leg effect I'm going for.

Tags
aargh, bandaid, cigarette, computers, disquette, farking computers, ghost, hardware, just kill me now, kisstomakeitbetter, mad