Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-09-2016, 02:00 PM   #1
rszasz
rszasz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4thGen
Copying Template Value to a column

I use a kindle, and have set up the "read status" column as pchrist7 described in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=137 and I would like to be able to select a book entry and copy the value into a "date finished" column that is used by the Goodreads plugin.

Being able to select the set of book records I want to modify, and just use the context menu to run a batch would be best. Unfortunatly I have no idea how to set that up within Calibre. If it is fairly simple can someone help me out with this?
rszasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You could use the Bulk Edit Metadata dialog in Search & Replace mode, to copy (part or all of) the display value of one column into another column.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
goodreads, kindle, read_status