Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
There's no confirm dialog on delete.
Is there ever? I didn't touch that code. I suppose that there should be.

I have committed changes that might help. I think that the problem might come from the mix of linux and windows paths, using different separators. I have changed things to normalize the paths to the correct separator before asking for file manipulations.

In addition, there is a print statement at the end of loading the cache telling whether the cache is considered correct. It should be, unless you manually delete things.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:12 PM   #17
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Very minor: on large drives, the space available measured in GB is shown correctly as GB in the library, but for really large drives, the space available measured in TB appears as "B."
It looks correct, just missing the "T" so it looks like only a few bytes are available. (This is probably Kovid's issue, but I didn't feel like doing a full bug report for such a minor point. Plus, not many ereaders will have TB of space free)
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Under some conditions that I haven't yet figured out, it uses
re.compile(r'^(?P<title>[ \S]+?)[ _]-[ _](?P<author>[ \S]+?)_+\d+'))

The default in preferences is '(?P<title>.+) - (?P<author>[^_]+)'
IIRC this was if no metadata is found, in which case it asusmes the filename conforms to the pattern that used to be used when sending files to the device and tries that. This can probably be removed now.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 01:25 PM   #19
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Very minor: on large drives, the space available measured in GB is shown correctly as GB in the library, but for really large drives, the space available measured in TB appears as "B."
It looks correct, just missing the "T" so it looks like only a few bytes are available. (This is probably Kovid's issue, but I didn't feel like doing a full bug report for such a minor point. Plus, not many ereaders will have TB of space free)
Fixed upto exabytes.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #20
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Turning now to delete issue:

It seems to delete fine from the SD card via USB reader mount.
Sorry I can't test the HD2 - the wife has it.
The delete problem is intermittent on the the HD. I've tried C: (programs and boot) and E: (large raid). Both are intermittent. I checked:
Code:
    def delete_books(self, paths, end_session=True):
        for i, path in enumerate(paths):
            print 'i: ', i
            print 'path: ', path
            self.report_progress((i+1) / float(len(paths)), _('Removing books from device...'))
            if os.path.exists(path):
                print 'Path exists.'
                # Delete the ebook
                os.unlink(path)
The path is always valid (rooted in the linked folder), but it sometimes fails to enter "if os.path.exists(path):"

I'm not sure how important this is, since it seems to only appear when connected to a local drive.
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #21
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm not sure how important this is, since it seems to only appear when connected to a local drive.
I found the following in the python docs:
Code:
os.path.exists(path)
Return True  if path refers to an existing path. Returns False for broken symbolic links. On some platforms, this function may return False if permission is not granted to execute os.stat()  on the requested file, even if the path physically exists.
Is it possible that you are running into UAC issues? I have mine turned off so I wouldn't see it, and in any event W7 is different from Vista.

I have committed code to remove the 'exists' check. It serves no purpose, really. If this works, or at least is better, then I will also remove them from the code removing ancillary files.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #22
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I haven't committed the changes yet. Something strange is happening, which I hope might lead to an explanation.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #23
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Is there ever? I didn't touch that code. I suppose that there should be.
I realize I'm dumping anything I see on you. I'm seeing stuff for the first time, since I didn't have an ereader. Yeah, I suppose there ought to be a delete confirmation, although it's less critical on the device if the books came from the main library .... but perhaps they didn't.

Quote:
I have committed changes that might help. I think that the problem might come from the mix of linux and windows paths, using different separators.
FYI, here's the output of the paths on a failed delete (see my print statements in your code). Separators look Windows OK to me. Note how it hits the path prints, but not the print 'Path exists.' statement inside the path existence test.

Code:
Job: 7 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 8 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
i:  0
path:  \Adair, Cherry\T-FLAC  2\Kiss and Tell - Cherry Adair.txt
i:  1
path:  \Adams, Douglas\The Private Life of Genghis Khan - Douglas Adams.lit
i:  2
path:  \Adams, Richard\Watership Down - Richard Adams.pdf
i:  3
path:  \Adams, Robert\Castaways  4\Of Chiefs and Champions - Robert Adams.lit
Job: 9 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 9 Delete books from device finished
No details available.
Job: 10 Send metadata to device finished
No details available.
Quote:
I have changed things to normalize the paths to the correct separator before asking for file manipulations.

In addition, there is a print statement at the end of loading the cache telling whether the cache is considered correct. It should be, unless you manually delete things.
I'll grab the code again and see how it goes.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:49 PM   #24
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Is it possible that you are running into UAC issues?
UAC is off. Plus, it's intermittent. Seems almost like a timing issue.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #25
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
I haven't committed the changes yet. Something strange is happening, which I hope might lead to an explanation.
I'm going to hold on an update then. I'll grab a bite to eat, and check later.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #26
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

OK, code pushed. I had to leave the exists in there, because python raises an exception if the file doesn't exist (docs don't mention this).

I did find a case where the paths were wrong. If you deleted a book in the same connection where you added it, the path was wrong and things didn't work. This has been fixed.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #27
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@chaley: I'm going to hold off merging and reviewing until you have the gremlins sorted out.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:02 PM   #28
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
FYI, here's the output of the paths on a failed delete (see my print statements in your code). Separators look Windows OK to me. Note how it hits the path prints, but not the print 'Path exists.' statement inside the path existence test.
That output is a perfect example of the bug I just fixed. Note that the 'prefix' (the path from the drive letter to the directory) is not there. It should be.

The problem came (yet again) because of the mixture of slashes and backslashes in paths. Because the normalized path is frontslashed, a comparison broke and the prefix was not added.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 PM   #29
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
That output is a perfect example of the bug I just fixed. Note that the 'prefix' (the path from the drive letter to the directory) is not there. It should be.
I saw that, but assumed it was supposed to be rooted at the connected folder.

Here's what I see now:
1) Failure to delete issue - fixed
2) Author sort order - fixed
3) TB label - not fixed in your code, but Kovid says it's fixed in his to exabytes
4) cache recalculate/metadata - seems fixed, but may need some more testing:variations of turning options on/off changing regexes, deleting cache file, etc.

New bug:
I get partially disconnected from the folder. I still see the folder in the library bar. I see the folder contents and can delete items. However, I can't "disconnect" it, nor can I send a book to it. I can "connect to folder" if I want, even though it's still there in the library bar and I have some access.

It seems to happen when switching back to the main and/or taking focus away from calibre.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:39 PM   #30
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
1) Failure to delete issue - fixed
2) Author sort order - fixed
3) TB label - not fixed in your code, but Kovid says it's fixed in his to exabytes
Change has now propagated across all the repositories. Fixed in rev 5244.
Quote:
4) cache recalculate/metadata - seems fixed, but may need some more testing:variations of turning options on/off changing regexes, deleting cache file, etc.
Probably as a result of no longer keeping incorrect paths. Before, it would recalc the metadata once, correcting the paths in the process. Now it won't do the recalc.

Quote:
New bug:
I get partially disconnected from the folder. I still see the folder in the library bar. I see the folder contents and can delete items. However, I can't "disconnect" it, nor can I send a book to it. I can "connect to folder" if I want, even though it's still there in the library bar and I have some access.

It seems to happen when switching back to the main and/or taking focus away from calibre.
Will look for it.