Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-12-2012, 09:31 PM   #1
david8866
Zealot
david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david8866 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Reading, Fire HD vs. Fire 1st Gen, how much better?

The spec of Fire HD is impressive. If one already have Fire 1st Gen, the extra pixel certainly help; but how different? Do you have first hand knowledge? Please share.
david8866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
The only first hand experience I can share, is when I compared my Fire 1 with a display Fire HD in Best Buy. The display had a cooler temperature color. Mine was a warmer. Color. I liked mine better.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 AM   #3
jswinden
Nameless Being

The Fire HD screen is better, but I'm going from memory. I sold my original Fire several months back. But from what I remember of it, the HD screen is definitely better. The software feature set seems only marginally better. The hardware is where the most upgrades seem to have taken place. I don't think it is worth the upgrade from a Fire1 unless you need the hardware upgrades.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
KFHD7-32 versus KF1G: better sound, better handling of favorites, better fonts for reading, four times the storage space, better connection to WiFi, battery lasts 35% longer, clearer screen for videos.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
I still have my K1, and got the first Fire about six months ago. I use it for reading about 95 percent of the time, but still use the K1 sometimes. I prefer the Fire, as once I got used to it, I found it easier to navigate through menus, perfect for when I read in bed at night or in other dark places, has more fonts and type sizes, and of course, ability to get online.

However, I usually send a copy to my K1 whenever I buy a book, and sync it if I have to read in a bright place or outdoors.

I rread a lot of free library books on both. I found that I could not send one to my K1 wirelessly if I borrowed the book for the Fire, but they can be downloaded and sent via the USB connections.

If, at gun point, I was required to give one up, certainly it would be the K1, but only in such a situation.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
The FireHD screen is a brighter, crisper screen to read on (totally subjective response). When you compare the same text on the Fire1 and the HD, the Fire1 screen looks "dark" & "muddy" - especially with magazines & newspapers. Once I got my HD, I've never used my Fire1.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote