Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 01:23 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Viewing LRF files in (X)ubuntu

Hi,

I downloaded and installed Calibre in the latest version of Xubuntu. It seems to work fine, but I'd like to request a feat:

But first, the LRF viewer is installed in the 'graphics' section instead of the 'office', where openoffice and Calibre is installed.
I think it's more appropriate to install the LRF viewer also in office.

I'd like to request double click on LRF file to result in the LRF viewer to open that particular file.
In order to make it work, right now I have to right click an LRF file, and select 'open with', and then select LRF viewer.

I'd just want to ask if it was possible to let Linux know to open .lrf files with the LRF viewer software when double clicking on them!

I think the same problem exists with the other Ubuntu verisons (Ubuntu, xubuntu, Edubuntu, Studiobuntu/Ubuntu studio, Ubuntu Netbook remix, etc...)
I think it's only a smaller line in the installation process that could fix this!

Thank you!
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you installed the binary install of calibre or the official package?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 PM   #3
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I installed the official package from synaptic
Old 10-31-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you'll have to open a bug report with ubuntu then, as I have nothing to do with that package.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
If you're using Nautilus in Ubuntu, changing the default program to open a file type is pretty easy. Just right click one of the files of that type, choose "Properties" (Not "Open With"). Then go to the "Open With" tab, and choose the default program.

I guess the process might be different with Dolphin or whatever Kubuntu, etc. is using these days.

Moving the icon from "Graphics" to "Office" should be trivial too. Right click on the Ubuntu icon on your menu and choose edit menus, and then drag calibre from one menu to another.

(Well, the above all applies to Ubuntu 9.04; I haven't upgraded to Karmic yet, but I doubt it's different, or much different.)

Still, I recommend installing using the instructions on kovid's site, not through synaptic, since you get the latest version.

Last edited by frabjous; 10-31-2009 at 10:39 AM.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
ProDigit
Karmaniac

I'm using Xubuntu.

Tags
double click, execute, installation, lrf viewer, xubuntu