Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #226
lost66615
Enthusiast
lost66615 doesn't litterlost66615 doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx
hello have a kindle dx white live in leeds w.yorks if anyone want to view this device just pm and will meet up
lost66615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #227
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Pocketbook 360 in Madrid now.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #228
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
PB360 or 602 or 902 in Ann Arbor, Michigan?

Would love to try out any Pocketbook reader. (I know the 602 & 902 are not shipping until later in November.)

I'm hoping to find out whether notetaking on the pro series is better than on the Sony 350/650, which I found too clunky.

I know the PB 360 doesn't have a touchscreen (but have read elsewhere on MR that it might be getting one mid 2011).

Thanks!
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:39 AM   #229
cjottawa
Tempus fugit.
cjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-bookscjottawa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Kindle 3G+WiFi - Ottawa, Canada available to demo

I'm available in the ByWard Market evenings and Tunney's Pasture at lunch, specifically.

Last edited by cjottawa; 11-02-2010 at 12:58 PM.
cjottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #230
Jar Jar Binks
Enthusiast
Jar Jar Binks began at the beginning.

Device: PRS650 And PRS 350 Yay I got it !!! I got it !!! I'm in love.
I am very interested in the Sony PRS650. I live in Lindsay Ontario Canada. I have looked at every post and there is no one even in Ontario.LOL
Jar Jar Binks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #231
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
Hello - I feel a tad shy making my debut in a forum full of such expertise. I'm debating whether or not to buy an e-reader. As a voracious reader, I hate being without a book in my bag; it would be great to go on holiday without having to carry six or seven books in my luggage; and books are stupidly expensive in Australia, where I live. I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks, and have found it really helpful in getting a slightly better understanding of how e-readers work. I like the sound of the Kindle, and with a strong Aussie dollar it's a good time to buy one. But I'd really like to see one in the flesh first. If there's anyone in the Perth area who would let me take a look at their Kindle I'd be so grateful - and the coffee is my shout! Fingers crossed in hope ...
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:09 AM   #232
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Alison C

Please come "introduce yourself" and meet lots more people.....use the link below......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 06:32 AM   #233
jehane
Book addict
jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jehane ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300/T1/Asus TF101
Hi Alison, and welcome. There's more than a few Aussies around and at least one in Perth that I'm aware of (though he's not a Kindle owner). I'm currently out of the country for several months, but I'll be in Perth when I get back (April). I have a Sony PRS-300. I am also a voracious reader and was really disappointed with the govt's decision on parallel imports.
jehane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:46 AM   #234
Alison C
Enthusiast
Alison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toysAlison C shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Paperwhite wifi
Thanks for the welcome, Jehane. Couldn't agree more on the subject of parallel imports; a decision that benefited a small minority and disadvantaged a huge majority. Books should not be a luxury purchase!

I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of my Kindle, which I ordered after getting a lot of wise advice from contributors here. It's been despatched at last, so I hope to take delivery next week (although I'm not allowed to use it until Christmas!). I look forward to reporting back here.

Cheers

Alison
Alison C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #235
mbk2
mbk2 began at the beginning.

Device: none
PocketBook Pro 902 in Odense, Denmark

Just got a PocketBook Pro 902, would be glad to show it off.
mbk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #236
stevenjotello
stevenjotello began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would like to bring my Sony 500, 505, although you might check at the border is not here. Anyone interested in the Houston area to meet? Or the next Saturday I will be in Amsterdam.
stevenjotello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:26 PM   #237
anjirlly
Groupie
anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.anjirlly beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: Kindle on Android phone; PB360; Sony 950
Pocketbook 360 in Ann Arbor

Decided not to wait for a touchscreen version! Am happy to show it off.
anjirlly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:06 AM   #238
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Kindle 3G+WiFi in Hong Kong

Live and work on Hong Kong Island - happy to meet anywhere near a MTR station
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #239
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
PocketBook 360 in Vancouver, BC

Couldn't wait to try a new 5" eBook reader. If anyone wants to take a look at a customized (software) 360, or any of my other eBook readers, just sent me a pm.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #240
igormorgado
Reader
igormorgado began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
PocketBook Pro (any model) - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Someone with a Pocketbook pro 902 or any other with a similar screen (not in size).

If so contact me on PM or gmail: morgado.igor %ARRB% gmail.com
igormorgado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show