Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
jorgeconceicao
jorgeconceicao began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Smile New member from Portugal

Hello,
First of all, I apologise for my bad english. Hope you understand me.
My name is Jorge and I'm a portuguese guy.
I bought a Cybook four months ago because they (Bookeen) say in their site and advertising that Cybook reads PDFs, and, as I have a lot of PDF files about technical stuff, I though it was a good investment buying it.
Now, I'm a bit disapointed because when I try to read a PDF file it appears too small and the Cybook don't let me magnify the text.
Otherwise, when I import the files to the "Mobipocket Reader", some contents(mathmatical equations, for example) becomes unformated and making no sense.
Today I made a search in Google for a forum about Cybook and "here I am".
I'm going to read the posts concerning Cybook hopping to find a solution for my problems. If anyone can help, I would appreciate.

Jorge Conceição
jorgeconceicao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Jorge, and welcome to MobileRead.

Your English is perfectly understandable.

You will find friendly people here, who love to help.

Please also look at the books we have uploaded here.

There are spanish books for free on this site,

www.feedbooks.com

www.manybooks.net
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 09:58 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Hi, Jorge Conceição

Everyone is very helpful here. Ask questions and someone will answer.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #4
jorgeconceicao

Thanks for yours welcome words.
Meantime, as I said, I went exploring the posts and I found one talking about a new version of the software inside Cybook. I went to their site, made the upload and it solved my problem. Not the perfect way, but sufficient to read the PDFs.
Best regars. I w'll be around.
Jorge Conceição
Old 02-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Jorge and welcome to the Forum. Your English is a whole lot better than my Portuguese!

Good luck with the Cybook issues. If those problems can be solved it'll be here on MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:34 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Jorge and welcome to MobileRead.
Quote:
I went exploring the posts and I found one talking about a new version of the software inside Cybook. I went to their site, made the upload and it solved my problem.
And that's the way so much works around here. In most cases, a question has been asked before and the answer is available. And if you *do* come up with an original question, the people here know so much about electronic books and the devices that we read them upon that you're sure to find an answer.

Now that you've got your PDF problem under control, check out the library here and all the wonderful books that you can download and read. While the majority of the books posted here are in English, there are some Portuguese-language books by José Maria de Eça de Queirós. For example, check out O Primo Basílio.

Welcome.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Yeah, what cassidym said.

When you search the forums hear, you'll find that PDF is a poor choice for all of the 6 inch readers without going to a lot of work & trouble. If the PDF is well formatted and you have tools to manipulate it, they can be made better but it's still a lot of work. I'm not a real expert on this because I mostly stay away from PRFs. Good luck with your efforts.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #8
jorgeconceicao

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Yeah, what cassidym said.

When you search the forums hear, you'll find that PDF is a poor choice for all of the 6 inch readers without going to a lot of work & trouble.
Ok! I learned it the hard way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Yeah, what Elsi said.
Now that you've got your PDF problem under control, check out the library here and all the wonderful books that you can download and read. While the majority of the books posted here are in English, there are some Portuguese-language books by José Maria de Eça de Queirós. For example, check out O Primo Basílio.
I read "Primo Basílio" many years ago (I'm 62, already). Thanks anyway.
In spite of my difficulty on writing in english (to write this litlle text I already went to the dicionary twice), reading is much more easy for me. So, the majority of books and magazins I read are in english. However I'm going to search if I find portuguese books for my taste.
Jorge