Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 PM   #31
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
This thread is saying something different ....which one is right?

If I open a B&W I see it on 120x1600
and
If I open a color doc I see it on 800x600 ?
Like I said, it's complicated. It's definitely better than 600x800 resolution when showing black text on a white (muddy grey on the screen) background, but I don't think it's what you would get on a purely black and white 1200x1600 device such as the Hanvon E920. More experimenting needs to be done showing PDFs, ePubs and JPGs. And as someone comments in that other thread, what you see in a picture doesn't necessarily reflect how it looks to your eyes.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:35 AM   #32
LovePlanetEarth
Connoisseur
LovePlanetEarth began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92 Black (Finally!!!)
I'd love to see a comparison of JBC's and Boox M92's screens...
Which one is more like a real book?
LovePlanetEarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:39 AM   #33
LeftyRight
LeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enoughLeftyRight will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 4 NT
LuBiB

Thanks for your comprehensive review.

It's nice to finally find such a detailed examination of the Jetbook Color.

Onto the questions.

------------------------------------------------

In the section where you say :-

"Highlighting: You hold the stylus to the start point, drag it to the end point, and then select “Menu” when it pops up. Here you’ll have the options to: Explain with Oxford, Translate in Dictionary, Translate (in their text translator – set to Spanish right now), and Mark for Summary (this is cool bc you can save the text you highlighted for later in a separate section – which you can then click the “Menu” key and access.) "

What other languages are available ? Apart from your current setting of Spanish ?

On the specs sheet it says :-

"Pictured dictionaries for 38 languages
Cross translator for 180 languages"

Really looking to have both Italian (for my niece) and German (for me).

Does this device have the gyroscope feature where if it is turned from portrait into landscape (& vice versa) it automatically adjusts (ie so that up is always up) ?

Or does this have to be always set manually ? (ie changing setting from portrait into landscape).

I see on several of your photos what looks like a "dead" pixel.

(I have included what photos they are by their file name and indicated where abouts it occurs on the screen.)

Notably :-

IMG_0050.jpg on the right hand side virtually on the red arrow point.

IMG_0053.jpg on the right hand side directly below the red arrow point.

IMG_0058.jpg on the right hand side under the M in Menu.

IMG_0063.jpg on the right hand side just above the grey bar that says "task 1 of 21.".

IMG_0064.jpg on the right hand side in the row marked "Essay hints".

IMG_0066.jpg on the right hand side in the row marked "applesauce".

IMG_0067.jpg on the right hand side just above the keyboard.

IMG_0069.jpg on the right hand side in the bottom "wave file".

IMG_0071.jpg on the right hand side to the right and slightly below of the red arrow.

IMG_0072.jpg on the right hand side starting at the bottom it's 3 squares from the right and 3 squares up.

IMG_0073.JPG on the right hand side starting at the bottom it's just above the keyboard and is the first whole visible square as you go up.

IMG_0076.JPG on the right hand side directly to the left of the red arrow.

IMG_0079.jpg on the right hand side just above the word "rad".

IMG_0080.jpg on the right hand side below the bluish "H".

IMG_0081.jpg on the right hand side seen just to the right of the numbers "1.60 x 10" below the "-" sign.

IMG_0083.jpg on the right hand side seen just to the right of the grassy area.

Is this the dreaded "dead" pixel that LCD devices suffer from or just some foam from the packaging the device was in ?

I am not sure whether this is the correct terminology (dead pixel) for e-ink devices (as they are different technology from LCD) but it sure looks like it to me.

Also I note in this photo :-

IMG_0070.jpg there can clearly be seen the word "Requests" under the phrase "Thank you" (towards the bottom of the page).

If it was a plasma device I'd be thinking burn in and yet with e-ink I don't even know if an "after image" is applicable.

You can also see an after image in several other of your photos (in particular) :-

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Is it that apparent to the naked eye ?

Once again many thanks for your in depth review.

cheers

LeftyRight

PS Like my fellow countryman LovePlanetEarth I am waiting to see which is the best of all the 10inch devices.

I intend to use my device as an ebook reader / language learner so any of the other goodies on there are just a bonus to me.

I have no love of LCD screens which cause me eye strain and have narrowed my choice down to these three - Kindle DX, Onyx Boox M92, and the Jetbook Color.

A comparison of the three devices would be very much appreciated.

Last edited by LeftyRight; 02-04-2012 at 03:41 AM. Reason: Adding extra infomration
LeftyRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:43 AM   #34
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I presume this reading device uses the same feats as on all others concerning PDF's as they are relying on Adobe to provide the mobile variant of a pdf reader.
I could be wrong but many of the feats you mentioned are not working on regular reading devices, so it won't surprise me if they won't work on the color neither.
There are other readers apart from adobe.
What is working and what not not depends on the operating system.
As this device is marketed for students I would assume that annotation, scribbles and export of notes is implemented.
I am surprised they rely on Windows because Android with all the apps would be much more versatile.
Or maybe they want to limit the use of the device to avoid distraction.
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:57 AM   #35
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
Hey guys, sorry about the delay. i'll go through the questions step by step so i dont get overloaded lol.

Here are the documents @ProDigit asked to load in the order from the first (top) to the last (bottom) respectively. I was having some issues loading some of the pictures for some reason, i was trying to reformat them to fit the screen but it ended up causing more harm than good so i kept everything as is. I found that both the JPG and GIF files look good, and the small text looks very fine and intricately placed. With the dual pages and scans, some look great and the others i would scan page by page instead of dual, i can reformat this and split them into pages individually which would probably make it look significantly better. There was either one or two scans that were very flaky so i didnt include those, i think there was an issue when you scanned them:

P.S - i was trying to keep my hand as steady as possible, so some of the text may look better than other parts

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg
Views:	1197
Size:	583.4 KB
ID:	82116 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0107.JPG
Views:	1093
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	82117

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	930
Size:	522.8 KB
ID:	82118 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0111.jpg
Views:	1007
Size:	637.8 KB
ID:	82119

Name:	IMG_0112.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	555.4 KB
ID:	82120 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0114.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	867.1 KB
ID:	82121

Name:	IMG_0116.jpg
Views:	936
Size:	701.8 KB
ID:	82122 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0117.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	614.1 KB
ID:	82123

Name:	IMG_0120.jpg
Views:	1046
Size:	992.1 KB
ID:	82124 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	974
Size:	743.3 KB
ID:	82125
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:13 PM   #36
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@PF4Mobile, ok, so based on the points you presented here is what i've found:

-a mode in which you can embolden the pdf
[LubiB] - The PDFs will look the same on the device as they look on your comp. You can increase and decrease the zoom and i think they're adding a better reflow feature in the next update based on my previous questions to Ectaco

-zoom in (zoom levels and custom zoom)
[LubiB] - There are 7 zoom options: Fit Page, 50, 75, 80, 100, 125, 150. I reformat the PDFs on my comp to fit them to screen in the size i want so they look better for what i want in a PDF, usually takes about 2 minutes to do it i'll list the steps if anyones interested. I will load some of my sisters geometry textbook pages to the jetBook Color and post them probably on Monday.

-landscape view
[LubiB] - The only landscape view i saw was actually one of ProDigits jpgs from my previous post. I've yet to fiddle around with this feature but will post when i get more into it.

-are the annotation tools available in landscape mode ?
[LubiB] - Based on the above, i'll def get to it shortly

-hide margins
[LubiB] - Havent had an issue with margins as you can fit the text to screen using the "Fit to Screen" option

-selection zoom
[LubiB] - 7, listed above

-column mode
[LubiB] - not sure what this is but all my PDFs and notes are in regular standing (vertical) mode ((i hope this is what it means)) and they look great like in the previous pics on my first post.

-free hand drawing on PDFs (scribbling?)
[LubiB] - Not yet. Looks like it might be an update. The highlighting and saving the text feature works beautifully though which is a plus.

-Does the highlighted text get stored in the PDF file or separately ?
[LubiB] - It gets stored in the file where you saved the highlighted notes. Here's how it looks: Highlight text -> choose "Mark for Summary" option -> whenever you need to look at the notes you saved click the "Menu" key -> "Show Summary" -> and it's there.

-What format is this file (if it is a distinct file)?
[LubiB] - It's saved into the PDF, not sure about the file extension individually.

-How can you transfer the files to PC?
[LubiB] - Connect it to your computer via miniUSB -> drag and drop files. It's that easy. Conveniently you can make your own folders as well. And microSD works well too with the little trick i posted about it

-How about scribbling ?
[LubiB] - Nope, not yet.

I hope i was thorough enough in this lol
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #37
LuBiB
Banned

@ Lefty Righty - i'll go through your questions one by one as well

I'll put a pic of a santa-clause-smiley before each of my replies

In the section where you say :-

"Highlighting: You hold the stylus to the start point, drag it to the end point, and then select “Menu” when it pops up. Here you’ll have the options to: Explain with Oxford, Translate in Dictionary, Translate (in their text translator – set to Spanish right now), and Mark for Summary (this is cool bc you can save the text you highlighted for later in a separate section – which you can then click the “Menu” key and access.) "

What other languages are available ? Apart from your current setting of Spanish ?

[[LubiB]] - Right now the localization is set from English and Spanish. I know they plan to release a lot of extra languages and in the first update alone there should be a few more - they haven't stated which ones. My guess would be Italian, German, Russian, Polish, and a few other European ones for sure as that's whats been done in the past.

On the specs sheet it says :-

"Pictured dictionaries for 38 languages
Cross translator for 180 languages"

[[LubiB]] - Those are actually built-in programs (check out IMG 0068 under the Language and Games section). So you get those translators and dictionaries on the device automatically, they're just in a different application section.

Really looking to have both Italian (for my niece) and German (for me).

[[LubiB]] - Totally. My friend from Japan sent me a pic of her jetBook Color with a Japanese textbook of some sort on it. I know the device reads all languages so the updates for localizations with added dictionaries and such should be in the pipeline.

Does this device have the gyroscope feature where if it is turned from portrait into landscape (& vice versa) it automatically adjusts (ie so that up is always up) ?

Or does this have to be always set manually ? (ie changing setting from portrait into landscape).

[[LubiB]] - Depends on what format you're reading. I've only tried the rotate feature on JPGs and with that you do the following: select the "Menu" key -> choose rotate counter clockwise/clockwise. Easy and convenient. I'm not a fan of the gyro tech.

I see on several of your photos what looks like a "dead" pixel.

(I have included what photos they are by their file name and indicated where abouts it occurs on the screen.)

Notably :-

IMG_0050.jpg on the right hand side virtually on the red arrow point.

IMG_0053.jpg on the right hand side directly below the red arrow point.

IMG_0058.jpg on the right hand side under the M in Menu.

IMG_0063.jpg on the right hand side just above the grey bar that says "task 1 of 21.".

IMG_0064.jpg on the right hand side in the row marked "Essay hints".

IMG_0066.jpg on the right hand side in the row marked "applesauce".

IMG_0067.jpg on the right hand side just above the keyboard.

IMG_0069.jpg on the right hand side in the bottom "wave file".

IMG_0071.jpg on the right hand side to the right and slightly below of the red arrow.

IMG_0072.jpg on the right hand side starting at the bottom it's 3 squares from the right and 3 squares up.

IMG_0073.JPG on the right hand side starting at the bottom it's just above the keyboard and is the first whole visible square as you go up.

IMG_0076.JPG on the right hand side directly to the left of the red arrow.

IMG_0079.jpg on the right hand side just above the word "rad".

IMG_0080.jpg on the right hand side below the bluish "H".

IMG_0081.jpg on the right hand side seen just to the right of the numbers "1.60 x 10" below the "-" sign.

IMG_0083.jpg on the right hand side seen just to the right of the grassy area.

Is this the dreaded "dead" pixel that LCD devices suffer from or just some foam from the packaging the device was in ?

I am not sure whether this is the correct terminology (dead pixel) for e-ink devices (as they are different technology from LCD) but it sure looks like it to me.

[[LubiB]] - I've heard the dead pixel term when referring to LCDs but i'm not sure E Ink has that. I tried to get the best shot that eliminated any unnecessary glare (which i know i have some WEIRDDD angles ) and that might have caused the text on one side to look completely different from text on another side )due to the angle from which the picture was taken). If you look at the text straight-on, you won't see the issues you've listed so i blame my unsteady hand and neglectful angle approaches to this one

Also I note in this photo :-

IMG_0070.jpg there can clearly be seen the word "Requests" under the phrase "Thank you" (towards the bottom of the page).

[[LubiB]] - The red arrow shows what word I was on (Thank you) and the bold all the way at the bottom shows the translation (Gracias), the rest of the words/phrases you can select or say them using the speech recognition. It works really well, i've been playing around with it.

If it was a plasma device I'd be thinking burn in and yet with e-ink I don't even know if an "after image" is applicable.

[[LubiB]] - I think what you're referring to is the 'ghosting' effect E Ink screens have. It's typical but negligible, not that big of a deal.

You can also see an after image in several other of your photos (in particular) :-

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

Is it that apparent to the naked eye ?

[[LubiB]] - Yup, i think those were the main ones that had it probably since there was an unoccupied space on the screen. It doesnt happen often which is handy.

Once again many thanks for your in depth review.

cheers

LeftyRight

PS Like my fellow countryman LovePlanetEarth I am waiting to see which is the best of all the 10inch devices.

I intend to use my device as an ebook reader / language learner so any of the other goodies on there are just a bonus to me.

I have no love of LCD screens which cause me eye strain and have narrowed my choice down to these three - Kindle DX, Onyx Boox M92, and the Jetbook Color.

A comparison of the three devices would be very much appreciated.

[[LubiB]] - Def stay away from reading devices with a backlight - it will literally kill your eyes in no time. When comparing the 3 you've put up there, it's difficult to go back to black and white screens when you've tried color. I know 'to each their own' but color E Ink is pretty awesome
Old 02-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #38
Beryll Snyder
Banned
Beryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitBeryll Snyder with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Nook classic, PB 903, Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
[[LubiB]] - Def stay away from reading devices with a backlight - it will literally kill your eyes in no time. When comparing the 3 you've put up there, it's difficult to go back to black and white screens when you've tried color. I know 'to each their own' but color E Ink is pretty awesome
Thx for your extensive descriptions.

Concerning backlight. You probably know that Apple right now is getting into the education market with textbooks etc.
Do they have better displays in the making or do some people have no problems with reading books on tablets?
The government in the US seems to invest heavily into these programs. So they don't seem to see a problem here.
What is your opinion?(I personally prefer E-Ink as well because of eye-strain).
Beryll Snyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #39
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Annotation

Are you sure there is no way of taking notes with the stylus (i mean hand-written), this would be quite disappointing...

I think i've seen some videos where some pictures were being drawn on this device using the stylus.

Last edited by por; 02-04-2012 at 01:28 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:24 PM   #40
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Thank you for this extensive review.
Could I ask you to show us how the attached ePub-version of "Krieg und Frieden" (this is my version of the ePub you can find here on mobileread) looks like on the device, with the text-size on the smallest setting?
Attached Files
File Type: epub Krieg und Frieden - Leo Tolstoi.epub (2.29 MB, 476 views)

Last edited by ST-One; 02-05-2012 at 12:57 PM.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:29 PM   #41
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Hi LuBib
A big Thank you for the efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuBiB View Post
@PF4Mobile, ok, so based on the points you presented here is what i've found:
-zoom in (zoom levels and custom zoom)
[LubiB] - There are 7 zoom options: Fit Page, 50, 75, 80, 100, 125, 150. I reformat the PDFs on my comp to fit them to screen in the size i want so they look better for what i want in a PDF, usually takes about 2 minutes to do it i'll list the steps if anyones interested. I will load some of my sisters geometry textbook pages to the jetBook Color and post them probably on Monday.
Too bad it doesn't have Custom Zoom

Quote:
-landscape view
[LubiB] - The only landscape view i saw was actually one of ProDigits jpgs from my previous post. I've yet to fiddle around with this feature but will post when i get more into it.
A workaround for this is to change the format of the original document....(the page orientation)

Quote:
-column mode
[LubiB] - not sure what this is but all my PDFs and notes are in regular standing (vertical) mode ((i hope this is what it means)) and they look great like in the previous pics on my first post.
Column mode means that if you have page with text on two columns you can double click on a column and that is then displayed full screen width

Quote:
-Does the highlighted text get stored in the PDF file or separately ?
[LubiB] - It gets stored in the file where you saved the highlighted notes. Here's how it looks: Highlight text -> choose "Mark for Summary" option -> whenever you need to look at the notes you saved click the "Menu" key -> "Show Summary" -> and it's there.
Can you please take a PDF from internet highlight some text and uploaded back here so we can have an example and open the file on PC?

Quote:
-What format is this file (if it is a distinct file)?
[LubiB] - It's saved into the PDF, not sure about the file extension individually.
So you say that when you close the highlighted document there is no secondary file where the highlighted text is saved. Everything is within the initial file right?

Quote:
I hope i was thorough enough in this lol
yeap
thanks
again
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:36 PM   #42
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST-One View Post
Thank you for this extensive review.
Could I ask you to show us how the attached ePub-version of "Krieg und Frieden" (this is my version of the ePub you can find here on mobileread) looks like on the device, with the text-size on the smallest setting?
I can do that...

The last picture is at the smallest zoom, the first is at a more readable size.

Name:	2-smaller.JPG
Views:	666
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	82144

Name:	3-smaller.JPG
Views:	679
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	82142

Name:	5-smaller.JPG
Views:	722
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	82143

Andrew

Last edited by andyh2000; 02-04-2012 at 05:10 PM. Reason: Changed to using attachments
Old 02-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #43
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Thanks for going to the trouble to show us the pictures, but isn't the bezel of the
device a solid white? It looks kind of yellowed out. I wonder what it would look like
if you were to run your original image file through GIMP2, or some other image editor
and correct the color until the bezel is it's actual color. With that correction applied
there may or may not be a change to the background, of any significance.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #44
andyh2000
Avid reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Thanks for going to the trouble to show us the pictures, but isn't the bezel of the
device a solid white? It looks kind of yellowed out. I wonder what it would look like
if you were to run your original image file through GIMP2, or some other image editor
and correct the color until the bezel is it's actual color. With that correction applied
there may or may not be a change to the background, of any significance.

Luck;
Ken
I assume that's aimed at me, as my pics appear more yellowy than LuBiB's. I thought I set the camera on Tungsten white balance - maybe it got reset. I've just fiddled in Gimp a bit and it doesn't make much difference to the background - it makes it darker if anything.

Andrew
Old 02-04-2012, 05:32 PM   #45
Backi
Connoisseur
Backi has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityBacki has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: PB912 Matt White
Here is a reference picture from PB912 with smallest font size (it looks better in reality). It is still readable (depends on the actual font) and shows 5 more paragraphs than JBC:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	!DSC02654.jpg
Views:	760
Size:	180.4 KB
ID:	82146  
Backi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review