Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Robertb, here's the perfect job opportunity!!!

Sure hope you're lurking here Robertb.

Take a look at this link.

Sky's the limit!!
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxsz View Post
Sure hope you're lurking here Robertb.

Take a look at this link.

Sky's the limit!!
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 08:26 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Go for it Bob!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
yeah, Robert. It'd be great to see you back on the boards in any capacity, too.

Need references?
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:29 PM   #5
ReaderEatter
ReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litter

Device: none
WOW!! Thank you all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post

Need references?
Dear ALL wonderful friends:

This job never appeared on any job boards I signed up for. This is perfect!! Yes, I do have all my friends at MR as references.

I am going to apply. I have no "non-compete" agreement with Astak so I am free to do this and will. Frankly, it sounds perfect!! They may not like me as I am older... but my credentials for this are pretty phenomenal!

Thank you, all, so much!!
ReaderEatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaderEatter View Post
Dear ALL wonderful friends:

This job never appeared on any job boards I signed up for. This is perfect!! Yes, I do have all my friends at MR as references.

I am going to apply. I have no "non-compete" agreement with Astak so I am free to do this and will. Frankly, it sounds perfect!! They may not like me as I am older... but my credentials for this are pretty phenomenal!

Thank you, all, so much!!
Robert I personally miss your wisdom. I loved to read your post.

I have to say that after you left I went to the Dark side.
Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:44 PM   #7
ReaderEatter
ReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litterReaderEatter doesn't litter

the Dark Side!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Robert I personally miss your wisdom. I loved to read your post.

I have to say that after you left I went to the Dark side.
Chuck
Dear Chuck:

Oh, how I miss the topics and conversations and exchange of wisdom. One thing I thought we did very well was willingly go off topic. It became fun to explore chocolate sauce recipes, look at the dangers of knee surgery, move into eBooks themselves and independent authors, and intersperse laughter!!

I THINK that is why it worked. I did not try to limit it... only take its course. I did not try to control it. And... I always tried to act and be a true customer liason with the company.

I miss you, Chuck. It will never be the same. Astak lacks human perspective skills (in my humble opinion).

Bob
Old 09-16-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
ReaderEatter

Still trying to find this job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post

Need references?
Dear eGeezer and friends:

I have been to the Apple Job Boards and can find numerous jobs in iBookstore or similar... but not this one. There is no 5433634 to apply for. I will post my resume on the main board... but cannot seem to zero in on this one!!

Bob
Old 09-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #9
rxsz
Connoisseur
rxsz began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
Shoot Bob,

I'm so sorry that it was probably too late by the time you came back to MR. I was half hoping that there might have been at least 1 or 2 members here that would've contacted you personally to alert you to the posting.

Heck, even Jenifer!

But hey, Apple is such a big company and the iBookstore is probably expanding daily that they'll need new staff. Good luck.

Quote:
Dear eGeezer and friends:

I have been to the Apple Job Boards and can find numerous jobs in iBookstore or similar... but not this one. There is no 5433634 to apply for. I will post my resume on the main board... but cannot seem to zero in on this one!!

Bob
rxsz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 PM   #10
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
Good Luck Robert !
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #11
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Hang in there, Robert!
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #12
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
hehe. I sorta *cringe* when someone mentions going with anything Apple. Yet at the same time, I think this would be a good match for Robert. Go for it, dude! Show those creeps at Astak that they were idiots for firing you!
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #13
ReaderEatter

Like all companies... good and evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
hehe. I sorta *cringe* when someone mentions going with anything Apple. Yet at the same time, I think this would be a good match for Robert. Go for it, dude! Show those creeps at Astak that they were idiots for firing you!
Dear Steven:

At first, I was flabbergasted that I was out on the street. Despite limited respect from Astak and people promoted over me and a youth swing... I thought deep down they MUST know what I brought them. Alas, I was mistaken.

I was bitter but I am not anymore. I am happy being out of there with a chance to go with a company moving up instead of sideways. I like the possibilities and I am actually waking up to life!! For six years it was always ASTAK, ASTAK, ASTAK around the clock and even on weekends. I wanted "my" company to look friendly and interested! This was totally unappreciated and good old customer service was looked upon as "just old".

Now I wake up in the morning HAPPY and with renewed vigor. I enjoy SO many other things and have discovered the real me inside! Maybe, now, I will even write a novel... something I always wanted to do (I envy you). It IS their loss, not mine. I have finally arrived at that!

I do miss you and pray you great success!!

Last edited by ReaderEatter; 09-25-2010 at 05:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:19 PM   #14
ReaderEatter

Hope your health is great, lady!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Hang in there, Robert!
Dear Lady:

My knee feels better daily and I feel whole again!!

I know you were having some health concerns just as I was being tossed at Astak. I hope you are now fine and feeling better.

For me, the operation was well worth it! I have recovered very well. I think my health and the demand on the health insurance was one spike in my coffin at Astak. BUT... they were wrong!! I came back stronger than ever!!

I hope you feel better!!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:06 PM   #15
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Dear Lady:

My knee feels better daily and I feel whole again!!

I know you were having some health concerns just as I was being tossed at Astak. I hope you are now fine and feeling better.

For me, the operation was well worth it! I have recovered very well. I think my health and the demand on the health insurance was one spike in my coffin at Astak. BUT... they were wrong!! I came back stronger than ever!!

I hope you feel better!!
I almost had surgery on my left shoulder to clear up some residual loss of mobility but cancelled it because the story I got from the doctor was dramatically different than I got from the hospital when I went in for the pre-surgery appointment. I was receiving too many "surprises" and I do not like surprises, especially of that sort! Now my right shoulder is giving me a lot of pain and is starting to freeze up.

On the bright side, the new allergy treatment (actually, an old one that was discontinued several years ago when my insurance company decided to quit covering it) is starting to improve my allergies.

Last edited by Lady Fitzgerald; 09-25-2010 at 07:09 PM.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote