Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #1
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Kindle 2.5.2 now availble for download on Amazon

You can now download the manual update...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm doing it right now... I'm in Mexico on vacation in Mazatlan and I'm actually connecting via dial up. (I think my computer is insulted, took me awhile to convince her I really wanted to use the phone modem on the back..) I cant wait.. Finally.. I can organize my 322 books on my Kindle!!!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Roy,

But will you be able to use the "Collections" feature without Whispernet access? My impression is that it relies on a connection to the Amazon server.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #4
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

D'oh! I walked halfway across the resort to the deli where you can get free wi fi.... got the file in 3 minutes instead of 2 hours... Arg..... Well... I'll find out soon... Man I love the tropical air...
Old 06-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Granvillen
Enthusiast
Granvillen began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2i., K3
Can anyone tell me the numbers between the ( ) on 2.5.2. I downloaded mine last week for my K2i? Thanks
Granvillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Wohoo!
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 PM   #7
Roy White
Evangelist

The collections are awesome! I'm still sorting.... It doesn't need whispernet turned on to create and sort them... I think the font is sharper and clearer too... excellent upgrade... Now I gotta go to the pool.... My wife is bugging me....
Old 06-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
Two points:

First: it seems to m that the Amazon link is for the 2.5 update NOT 2.5.2.

Second: you don't need the Whispernet service to Create Collections. You just need a registered DX.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
TFirst: it seems to m that the Amazon link is for the 2.5 update NOT 2.5.2.
My K2us in 2.5.2 after using the file from Amazon (the links for other models also say 2.5.2).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #10
Sheikspeare
Groupie
Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Sheikspeare has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PR-505 / Kindle DX
I stand corrected! :-) Though the Amazon page presents it as a 2.5 update, the bin file actually downloads as 2.5.2.
Sheikspeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheikspeare View Post
I stand corrected! :-) Though the Amazon page presents it as a 2.5 update, the bin file actually downloads as 2.5.2.
The D/L from Amazon went smoothly. However, once I got it onto the PC and started shoving it onto the K2, it dragged (is *STILL* dragging) on forever! 5.47MB left and 14 minutes left on the copy/move clock!

I hope it doesn't take as long to actually load itself over the 2.3.3 version.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
jupstin
Groupie
jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jupstin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Finally...I can breathe a deep sigh of relief and turn off my whispernet
jupstin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 08:17 PM   #13
Dharmabum
Enthusiast
Dharmabum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Paper White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
But will you be able to use the "Collections" feature without Whispernet access? My impression is that it relies on a connection to the Amazon server.
I just installed 2.52 on my K2(us). I live internationally and thus have registered my Kindle on the website, but the Kindle itself has never had wispernet access, so it thinks it's unregistered.

I can see the "create new collection" item in home>menu, but it is grayed out. Bummer.
Dharmabum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:16 PM   #14
Snapply
Connoisseur
Snapply began at the beginning.

Device: Amazozn Kindlezz
as far as i'm concerned that's 2 months too late
Snapply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:31 AM   #15
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Just downloaded the 2.52 to my Kindle... and can't wait to try it out.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware update