Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #21421
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Still on my morning Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend. But time to have lunch, so maybe a mug of Keemun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #21422
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Water in my cup. I am enjoying sitting with a sleeping baby boy on my chest.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2012, 07:06 PM   #21423
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'll sing you this October song
Oh, there is no song before it
The words and tune are none of my own
For my joys and sorrows bore it
Beside the sea
The brambly briers in the still of evening
Birds fly out behind the sun
And with them I'll leaving
The fallen leaves that jewel the ground
They know the art of dying
And leave with joy their glad gold hearts
In the scarlet shadows lying.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCnJdQ9izto )

Good morning, everyone! Happy October! Gee, it sure came in with a roar this year. I even had to put on my heavy riding jacket last night. I was wearing shorts and T-shirts two days ago, and yesterday had to switch to heavy leather gloves just to go to a store a few kilometers away!

Hot tea really hits the spot this morning as I sit here wrapped in a blanket! East India Company's "Assam" tea, to be precise. And a bowl of rice, miso soup, and some tsukemono before I head out for the day. Just one more week or so before we leave for the mountain flying, so I've been pushing my legs extra hard with stair climbing and hill walking. This cooler weather will make the workouts a lot more comfortable.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:20 PM   #21424
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Hey, did you guys know that Mobileread has a Cafepress store with all sorts of shirts and goodies with the MR logo?

http://www.cafepress.com/mobileread#...ctCategory-102

I just happened upon it reading a post written by beachwanderer. Unfortunately the post was in German so all I was able to get from it was the url!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #21425
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Coke Zero.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2012, 04:45 PM   #21426
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Just finished my last coke zero of the day.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:46 PM   #21427
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Afternoon Tea, with a Fairmont blend called "1906 Centennial Blend". Not bad, though a bit more Assam than I absolutely want. Still, a good clean tea. And the tea goodies were excellent!
Old 10-02-2012, 07:43 PM   #21428
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If today was not an crooked highway
If tonight was not an crooked trail
If tomorrow wasn't such a long time
Then lonesome would mean nothing to me at all

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bq1NX...eature=related )

Good morning, all. Usually I live for today, but tomorrow is my favorite holiday of the entire year and I'm already getting excited! It makes the beginning of October such a statement!

I've chosen unbranded keemun tea today, to go along with some rice and Kalamata olives for breakfast, and have a whole load of chores to get to that I've been putting off because I can't walk to do them. I'll need my bike, so my exercise today is going to have to be boring walking around the 'hood' and stair climbing. That's almost as mind numbing for me as going to a gym, but it's got to get done!

Today I'm off to the Reform Shops. That's Japan's term for tailors who do alterations. I could only find a couple of pair of pants when shopping, and nothing semi-dress or heavy work, so I'm going to have to deal with the ridiculous prices charged here for having the rest of my pants altered. $25 just to have a pair of pant legs hemmed! I'm tempted to do it by hand. But I can't do the waist and thighs by hand so I guess I'll just bite the bullet and pay, pay, pay...

Stitchawl
Old 10-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #21429
Stitchawl
Opsimath

On the road again -
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
The life I love is making music with my friends

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again

Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v9-InvDwMw )

Good morning, all! Happy 'Broderick Crawford Day!' I'll celebrate it starting with a mug of Twining's "Prince of Wales" tea and a bowl of rice and crab legs, then get out onto the highway as quickly as I can. Today is THE day! Without ol' Broderick there would be a major gap in our vocabulary, so important to a generation of CB'ers, police, and the population in general! All attributed to Chief Crawford. Today we salute you!!!

Stitchawl
Old 10-04-2012, 04:42 AM   #21430
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #2.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #21431
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Diet Dr. Pepper.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #21432
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Pride of Port in my mug.

So I have two weeks left at my current job. Everyone knows this and I just got back from Maternity Leave. This means I have nothing to do. (sigh) I ask everyday if my lead needs me to do something and the answer is no. But I have to be at my desk for 8 hours to get paid. My current company wants the full two week notice so I have done that but it is kind of boring.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:27 PM   #21433
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Pride of Port in my mug.

So I have two weeks left at my current job. Everyone knows this and I just got back from Maternity Leave. This means I have nothing to do. (sigh) I ask everyday if my lead needs me to do something and the answer is no. But I have to be at my desk for 8 hours to get paid. My current company wants the full two week notice so I have done that but it is kind of boring.
Painful. I just hate that twiddling of thumbs business. One advantage to working at home -- when there isn't anything to do, I don't have to be sitting at my desk full time!

Trying a couple of new teas I picked up on a trip to Vancouver from the The Urban Tea Company. The first was a Kenya Marinyn tea. Not bad, a broken leaf black tea that's a bit lighter than I expected, but still shows promise. Will work with time/temp/quantity to see how it behaves.

The next, in my cup right now, is their "Imperial Keemun". Not bad at all. Typical "earthy-smoky" nose, full bodied but very smooth. Not up to my Keemun Xian Zhen, but a worthy Keemun none the less.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #21434
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
in my cup...

VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #21435
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
in my cup...

[snip]
I heard that was good. What do you think?

Generic Dark Roast in my cup.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?