Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-08-2009, 09:35 AM   #1
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
Aquapac for the PRS 700

Today I received my Aquapac small Whanganui. At first I thought it was to small for my reader, since I had a hard time trying to get the reader in the pack.
The pack kinda sucked itself to the reader and I had no chance to shuff it down in the bag.

So I called Aquapac and asked them, what to do. They gave me a great little hint, what to do with a new Aquapac. It is indeed so, that the pack is very sticky in the inside when it it new.

So you just have to wrap a sheet of paper around the reader and put it with the help of the paper into the Aquapac. It's a piece of cake than. The reader goes extremly easy into the pack. Than remove the paper and close the pack.

Works great, but you still will have a hard time in the beginning to get the reader back out of the pack. Guess after a few times, it will work out just fine.

The Aquapac itself is a very nice device. Looks and feels well build and safe. I wanted one for reading at the beach or in the bathtup. I guess I will not proof, if it is realy waterproofed though

I shot some pics so that you can see what I mean:

mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
I was just talking about how I wanted one too ( jacuzzi too...)

Is the plastic stiff? Is the screen as responsive to touch with the pac on?
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

It works just fine through the pac. No problems to use the buttons under the screen or the touchscreen function or flipping pages with the finger.

The plastic is not stiff, eventhough it is pretty thik material. It is only a little hard to switch the reader on, when it is in the pack or to switch on the light. It is possible, but it will take a little afford. So it's easier to switch it on befor you close the pack.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:41 PM   #4
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
I think you've got to take the dive so to say and submerge the 700 to see what happens. Inquiring minds want to know
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 10:17 PM   #5
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
:shock: i hope u have a warranty...

I think i maybe its made for rainy days rather than scuba-reading...
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
junkyardwillie
Addict
junkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enoughjunkyardwillie will become famous soon enough

Device: Onyx Note Pro, Kobo H20 and iPad
It would be good for those rainy days, I like to just throw my umbrella in my bag when I hop on the train but if I have my reader then I have to hold it and have it drip on my shoes, with one of those I wouldn't have to worry about the aqua-damage
junkyardwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 02:45 AM   #7
mos
Addict

Maybe it would be also a good solution for the dust spot problem some have. I still cannot find one under my display.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 PM   #8
mklynds
That guy, no not that guy
mklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with othersmklynds plays well with others

Device: PRS600 Red
I have bought other brands of aqua pacs for electronics before and with the ones I have purchased the aqua pac manufacturers guarantee covers any damaged electronics. I would double check your coverage before trying anything to scuba like.
mklynds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #9
sophie27
sophie27 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
I recently purchased a waterproof case from The Waterproof Store (a division of ROC Gear, Inc.) - Small Multi-Purpose #DPC-69 $12.95 to use on my vacation to a beach resort. I wanted to protect my reader from water, sand, etc. It worked great - fits great, doesn't affect visibility and didn't affect the touchscreen for page turning. I was really satisfied with it. Fyi, the case shipped with UPS within 1 business day with a tracking number and I received it in 3 business days for a $5.99 s/h fee. Customer Service was also really responsive in helping me select the right case for the Sony.

Just another alternative for anyone interested.
sophie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #10
worand
worand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Can you tell us exactly which one they recommended so I could also get one.

Many thanks

Andy
worand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #11
narbeauchamp
Groupie
narbeauchamp has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: PRS700BC/PRS505/TZ350N/MacBook/Aspire One/iPad/iPhone/BB 9630
Am heading on vacation,and this is a great idea-I should order some before we go so that we don't ruin the readers...could be handy to have around for the summer....
narbeauchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 PM   #12
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
When I want to soak I vacuum seal my reader. If it got even a tiny pinhole too small for a water droplet it would break the vacuum seal and would be able to tell by the cover becoming loose or movable. And.... I tested it by fully immersing it. Passed! Dry as a bone!
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote