Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-20-2008, 12:58 AM   #1
SillyBear80
NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!
SillyBear80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Wink Computer wont recognize PRS 500 Reader

I just bought a used PRS 500 for my sister for Christmas. Before I give it to her I want to download some books on to it. But I cant get my computer to recognize the reader. I guess it kind of recognizes it...When I get onto Connect, I can go to the READER, and it shows whats on it, but when I try to transfer files onto it, the button you need to hit isnt highlighted, which means I cant push it. Also, when I go to MY COMPUTER, it is not listed.

I have pluged and unpluged the USB cable several times to see if that would work, but it hasnt worked yet. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do to fix this problem. Or any ideas as to why my computer wont recognize my reader?
SillyBear80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 01:08 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
When I get onto Connect, I can go to the READER, and it shows whats on it, but when I try to transfer files onto it, the button you need to hit isnt highlighted, which means I cant push it.
What button? All you do is drag the files from the library to the device and they will copy. No button to press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyBear80 View Post
Also, when I go to MY COMPUTER, it is not listed.
That is correct. the 500 does NOT mount on the computer. You must use the software to access it.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2008, 01:55 AM   #3
SillyBear80
NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!
SillyBear80 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 500
Smile

I DID IT!!!!! IT WORKED!!!! Thank You!!!! I thought you had to transfer back and forth between the library and the reader. I now understand that you just move it onto the device.
SillyBear80 is offline   Reply With Quote