Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2012, 02:41 AM   #1
Tabea
Tabea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question Kindle 3 does not open links on wikipedia website anymore

Hey everyone,

first of all, thanks for this awesome forum!

Since a couple of days, maybe weeks, I can not access wikipedia on my kindle 3 [edit: I was quite ignorant to it until now, but apparently I have a kindle 4 and not kindle 3, as Blossom wrote ] any more. Before that, it was no problem to read any wikipedia article (I regularly accessed it for more than 10 months). I could click on every section of the article and it would open.
My current firmware version is "Kindle 4.1.0".

The problem now is that, when I click on the section title, nothing happens. I can click on any section I want, it won't change a thing...
I tried different articles on wikipedia, it is the same with every single one I tried. I also tried "article mode" and "web mode" (I do not know if they are called the same on english devices).
Another thing I tried was accessing the "Desktop" wikipedia version and not the mobile version, which worked before I had this problem, but now I am always redirected to the mobile version.
The links on other websites work fine (well, like before. the kindle obviously is not build for surfing in the web

Also, the section titles, are shown in a very light grey, does this look the same at your devices? I do not remember how it looked before, but the way it is now, it seems wrong to me, as the section titles are hard to read.
I made a picture of my kindle:

Unfortunately, none of my friends has a kindle, otherwise I would have checked at their device, whether it is the same.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

Thanks for any help

Last edited by Tabea; 10-16-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Tabea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Are you sure that's your firmware? That's the Kindle Firmware for a K4. The Kindle 3 also know as the Kindle Keyboard has a physical keyboard and uses 3x firmware.

Have you tried rebooting the Kindle. If that doesn't work a Factory reset may be needed. Make sure Airplane Mode is Off.

Edit: You have a K4 not K3. I can tell from the pic now I looked closely.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #3
Tabea
Tabea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thank you very much, Blossom!
I never rebooted the Kindle before, but that helped getting rid of the problem!
Thank's a lot.
Tabea is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, hyperlinks, wikipedia