Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
essayhead
essayhead began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Regex Find and Replace - Spaces

Hi all, I have a quick Regex question. I converted a crappy PDF into HTML and then into EPUB. So I was cleaning it up in Sigil and realized that there are some issues with the text itself. There are a bunch of words that have been shoved together without any spaces, but there's generally a pattern--they show up when prepositions are in front of proper names. Namely, I can tell what most of them are by running

[a-z][A-Z]

in the Find box with Regex. Now the question is, what is the correct way for me to insert a space so that "inLondon" becomes "in London" and so on? I've been using Regex to just find them and insert the space manually, but there is a lot of them. And, yes, those errors in the original file as well. So is there a formula that I can put in the Replace box? Or is this just not possible at all? I don't know, I honestly just discovered Regex and I'm verrry slowly learning it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
essayhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Search for: ([a-z])([A-Z])
Replace by: \1 \2

Note the space between the \1 and the \2
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #3
essayhead
essayhead began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thank you so much! This also clears up something I wasn't quite understanding with another code of mine. Thanks again!
essayhead is offline   Reply With Quote