Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 05-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Weird Karma Thing

From time to time (like just now), I'll try to give someone karma and am told that I can't give karma to that person until I spread it around to someone else because the software thinks I just gave this person karma. The problem is, I was was trying to give karma to someone I've never given it to before. I did give karma to someone else a few hours ago but it was definitely not this person.

What's up?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
From time to time (like just now), I'll try to give someone karma and am told that I can't give karma to that person until I spread it around to someone else because the software thinks I just gave this person karma. The problem is, I was was trying to give karma to someone I've never given it to before. I did give karma to someone else a few hours ago but it was definitely not this person.

What's up?
I get that once in a while as well, but never when giving it to a person for the first time. I think if you give someone karma, you have to give it to two or three other people before you can go back to the original person.

So, is it possible you gave it to that person and just forgot? Is it possible the person might have changed his or her user name and you don't recognize it?

Maybe it's just one of those irritating things that happen. You know, there's a phrase for it. Bad something or other, I think it starts with a k?
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
I get that once in a while as well, but never when giving it to a person for the first time. I think if you give someone karma, you have to give it to two or three other people before you can go back to the original person.

So, is it possible you gave it to that person and just forgot? Is it possible the person might have changed his or her user name and you don't recognize it?

Maybe it's just one of those irritating things that happen. You know, there's a phrase for it. Bad something or other, I think it starts with a k?
This was a new to the site person, so I'm sure I hadn't given them karma before.

I wish we could see who we've given karma to so that we can track down problems like this.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #4
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I've been stealing karma from you and giving it out as my own so I don't have to give up my own. Sorry!

Actually, I've had this happen as well. Not sure why it is happening.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM   #5
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I've been stealing karma from you and giving it out as my own so I don't have to give up my own. Sorry!
Well, you seem to need it more than me, so have at it!

Quote:
Actually, I've had this happen as well. Not sure why it is happening.
It's our own little MR mystery. I'm sure there's a story in there somewhere. "Who Killed the Karma?"
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #6
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Are you sure you didn't maybe "double-click" the add karma button? that might have sent the request twice. The first one went ok, and the second one triggered the error which you saw?

EDIT: No I guess it can't be this, because you get the message as soon as you click the karma button not after you try to assign it. Hmm....

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Are you sure you didn't maybe "double-click" the add karma button? that might have sent the request twice. The first one went ok, and the second one triggered the error which you saw?

BOb
Yes, I'm sure. On my laptop I usually have to scroll down to add the comment and click the "add reputation button", so I would know if I had already given the Karma (clicked by accident).

I just did a test where I clicked the "Karma" link and when the dialog box opened I hit "enter". Nothing happened. No Karma was given because I was able to click the "Karma" link again on the same post and the dialog box popped up without the "you've already given Karma" message.
Old 08-16-2011, 04:04 PM   #8
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Did anybody ever figure this out? This is happening to me lately just with one person and I know I haven't given karma to her recently.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
Did anybody ever figure this out? This is happening to me lately just with one person and I know I haven't given karma to her recently.
Have you asked her? She will possibly be able to see if you've given her Karma recently in her UserCP (although I realise it doesn't time-and-date it). Otherwise, if you are happy giving us her username, we might be able to investigate some more.

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #10
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I know I haven't given her any. I tried one day last week and again today and the same thing. Her user name is apesmom.

Thanks.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:30 PM   #11
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBird View Post
I know I haven't given her any. I tried one day last week and again today and the same thing. Her user name is apesmom.

Thanks.
Thanks for that. I've things to do at the moment, but I promise to have a look at it (I've set a nagging reminder for myself ).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM   #12
NightBird
Wizard

No hurry! Thanks for helping me.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:45 AM   #13
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Have you asked her? She will possibly be able to see if you've given her Karma recently in her UserCP (although I realise it doesn't time-and-date it). Otherwise, if you are happy giving us her username, we might be able to investigate some more.
On that note, what is the easy way to see our UserCP? I go to my Profile, then Customize Profile, then User Control Panel. Is there another way?
And it does time and date it for me.
I see: Thread Date Posted By Comment
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #14
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
You can click on the User CP at the top left of the page (in the blue bar). Scroll all the way down to see "Latest Reputation Received."

Click image for larger version

Name:	user cp.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	105.8 KB
ID:	75514 <-- click to enlarge

I hope that is what you were asking.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 AM   #15
NightBird
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Thanks for that. I've things to do at the moment, but I promise to have a look at it (I've set a nagging reminder for myself ).

Cheers,
Marc
Well, today I was able to give her some karma. If you fixed it, thanks!