Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #1
JBrondos
Edge User

Register device with Android Market

I had a previous device registered with Android Market. Now when I'm trying to download Apps with my eDGe, I get an error message that my device is not registered. I can't quite figure out how to add my eDGe as a device. Can anyone help.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Adiposius Maximus
Edge User

Google, in their subfinite wisdom, doesn't allow pre-3.0 tablets to register with the Market (except the Galaxy Tab which is really just a giant phone). There are hacks to fool the Market into registering such devices, but we shall not discuss those here.

Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
JBrondos
Edge User

So, that means I cannot download apps from Market? It will not let me install apps without being registered.

Or to be more precise, it says there is no Android phone associated with this account ...

http://phandroid.com/2011/02/04/solv...-this-account/

Last edited by JBrondos; 04-01-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Old 04-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
NiaTrue
Edge User

That's correct; you cannot download apps from the Google Android amrket. But you can download apps from the Amazon Android market, AndAppStore, AndroidPit and lots of other places.

Addendum: There are an awful lot of duplicate threads recently. It would bd great if we could all search the forum for what we need before we start a new thread.

Last edited by NiaTrue; 04-01-2011 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Addendum

Old 04-01-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
gecko
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiaTrue View Post
Addendum: There are an awful lot of duplicate threads recently. It would bd great if we could all search the forum for what we need before we start a new thread.

For obvious reasons, this valuable piece of advice has to be duplicated in every thread. For equally obvious reasons, April Fool's Day is not the best time to do that.

Yours for cheap irony,

Advert
Old 04-02-2011, 07:35 AM   #6
JBrondos
Edge User

Those of you who have been on this forum a lot longer than others of us are no doubt more sensitive to duplicate posts. I understand, apologize, and will try to do better.

But I'm also finding there is more to it than duplication. I am just learning from past posts dealing, for example, with porting the entire android marketplace to entourage, supposed violations to GPL, issues with releasing source code, SDK, and the like - posts by the likes of jcase. That is some pretty deep, heavy stuff. How should newbies like myself be brought up to speed on such things? Is it possible that any of those things help explain the current status of entourage systems?